• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manual valvebody and shifter

janbanan

Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
I want to replace my valvebody to a manual one. Can I use this shifter or do I need to buy a shifter aswell? If I can use my shifter what do you recommend? If not what are your suggestions for manual valvebody and shifter? I have 727 a transmission.
20160614_121856.jpg

I believe Turbo-Action makes valve bodies for either direction.

That shifter will work. I prefer the Turbo Action Cheetah shifter and ratchet shifter such as yours willl suffice.

Ok thanks a turbo action it will be.

Call up John Cope at Cope Racing Transmissions specializing in 727s. He just developed a great manual valve body. I have his 727 in my car and he does awesome work!!

I have a Cope trans that works great. I also use an antique B&M shifter that is not available today. I use a modular gate setup that has a straight throw (modified to prohibit shift into neutral). I love it compared to a ratchet shifter. The Turbo Action shifter would be my next choice.

It seems like parking brake is not included with the Turbo Action valve. Can I use the one I have on my original valvebody?

The
I have a Cope trans that works great. I also use an antique B&M shifter that is not available today. I use a modular gate setup that has a straight throw (modified to prohibit shift into neutral). I love it compared to a ratchet shifter. The Turbo Action shifter would be my next choice.
The one in a little chrome box? Got several of those. Went 8s with one in my bantam. Hooked to a clutchflite trans.

I use the Turbo action reverse manual valve body in my 63 and since I use a 1970 auto 727 trans I use the B & M Pro Stick shifter and I love it. It dont cost a ton and its so simple to use. You can use your shifter and you can go with a forward or reverse valve body. I prefer reverse since I race my car some and I like pulling the shifter back towards me when racing. I am not a fan of the ratchet type shifters myself and thats one reason I like the Pro Stick so much since its so easy to use and you know what gear your in when looking at the shifter. Ron

260314761.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back