• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mark Worman

The people I know who have met him in person say he is just a regular guy. Remember, it's TV.
Well, when I first started watching the show a couple of years ago he berated some guy that worked for him on national television. That's not TV, that's being an asshole. Now they have some stupid cartoon that makes no sense and he still has an arrogance about him that makes the show difficult to watch.

Dan Short at Phantom Works is the worst for drama.
And if he ever flat spotted the tires on MY car,(if I was a check book customer)he better be replacing all 4. The first time I saw that,I was done with that show.

I'm not going to judge a guy by the image presented on the boob tube. He produces some nice cars. It is what it is...

One of the few shows that I think seems to be more on the up and up is Restoration Garage. It features The Guild - a shop in Canada. When they show the mechanics, they're always informative about what they're working on. No trumped up drama. They veer away from restoration topics to show the shop's owner and his wife off doing rich guy car (and sometimes airplane and tractor) stuff, but still no trumped up drama.

Last edited:
I stopped watching it after the second season because I couldn’t stand the constant arguing and Daren. Recently I started binge swatching it OnDemand. It’s nice to be able to fast forward over all the BS scripted stuff, especially the cartoons, which leaves about 15-20 minutes of actual car time.

I like Iron Resurrection, they all work together well and do some beautiful work.

I like Iron Resurrection and Bitchin rides. The Engineer on Bitchin rides, Will, is a genius. That folding top C10 pickup is hot. The whole scaring Pumpa thing on Iron Rez is getting old though..

Mark acts like a condescending know-it-all asshole

It's his show to do so too,
he has the creative & financial/producers power
to do almost all of it, scripted BS & all
I'm sure the network, has it's guidelines too...

Nobody truly really likes a condescending smartass asshole,
not as a father or as a boss or even on a TV show...
Or on FBBO for that matter...
a lil' of that crap goes a long way, it's not funny to everyone

(IF not for the MoPar's, many here wouldn't even watch
& would all probably dislike Mark for his acting antics)

Especially when 'they think they're being funny'
when much of it, 'is not very funny at all'...
Intended as such or not...
That is the worst part of it...

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy
but IMO, the show is hit & miss, it's because of Mark's BS antics

I (I'm sure many here) could do with a lot less of
the Grabass Markisms
& he knows (Most of US) we don't like it & he still does it anyway...
That should tell you something about Mark the man...

I DVR it & watch later with ffwrd used "a lot"
(My dad will not even sit thru it at all)
too bad it could really be a lil' better with less grabass BS
I don't mind a lil' kidding around, people are prone to doing that
his is way too scripted for my taste...

That cartoon BS just is lame as hell

whenever he's,
Mark's not on camera, it's not a bad show
or at least sticks to the cars, #'s facts etc.
not the dancing or lame-*** jokes
the weird ****, looks into the camera persona etc.

Dougy is a bit strange,
but seems to do a decent job assembling stuff

more showing the cars & work, with far less BS, would be nice
you can have a lil' of that nonsense, it goes a looooooooong way

like I said before
"if not for the MoPar's I wouldn't even consider watching"
Mark couldn't care any less either,
he makes mention of it/US on every show...

don't be a kissass, tell it like it is

Wall of text -holy wall of text Batman-.jpg

Last edited:
Dan Short at Phantom Works is the worst for drama. Seems EVERY car he works on has a problem. Duh. It's an old car, it's going to have problems. But he takes it to another level. Every repair is earth shattering, but somehow he seems to overcome it. If I reacted like him to every problem I find building my car I'd have to up my prescriptions.
He's actually pretty well respected within the hobby itself and has quite the impressive personal history,
one worthy of respect if you look into it.
In fact, he voluntarily stopped his show a couple years ago because the demands of the production company
(exactly what we're talking about here - they constantly demanded manufactured drama from him) about had
him personally bankrupted, divorced, you name it.

He had high turnover in the shop because of the tv show and its' 12-15 hour days and their being made to
get in front of a camera constantly, so he was losing some pretty good skilled craftsmen from it, too.
In the end, he decided to turn away from the show production and just go back to what he loves - the cars.

That to me makes him somewhat of a hero - he told the Discovery baboons to take their **** and go away.

He's actually pretty well respected within the hobby itself and has quite the impressive personal history,
one worthy of respect if you look into it.
In fact, he voluntarily stopped his show a couple years ago because the demands of the production company
(exactly what we're talking about here - they constantly demanded manufactured drama from him) about had
him personally bankrupted, divorced, you name it.

He had high turnover in the shop because of the tv show and its' 12-15 hour days and their being made to
get in front of a camera constantly, so he was losing some pretty good skilled craftsmen from it, too.
In the end, he decided to turn away from the show production and just go back to what he loves - the cars.

That to me makes him somewhat of a hero - he told the Discovery baboons to take their **** and go away.
There's this summary posted 3 days ago:

I've only seen a grand total of maybe a dozen episodes of GYC; and none of the early ones. I saw a GYC episode a few months ago. It had some type of annoying cartoon/caricature thingy going on. Haven't been back.

I prefer Dave Kendig's Bitchin' Rides, Wayne Carini's Chasing Classic Cars, The Martin's Iron Resurrection, Dave Grainger's The Guild, and Chip Foose.

Mark acts like a condescending know-it-all asshole

It's his show to do so too,
he has the creative & financial/producers power
to do almost all of it, scripted BS & all
I'm sure the network, has it's guidelines too...

Nobody truly really likes a condescending smartass asshole,
not as a father or as a boss or even on a TV show...
Or on FBBO for that matter...
a lil' of that crap goes a long way, it's not funny to everyone

(IF not for the MoPar's, many here wouldn't even watch
& would all probably dislike Mark for his acting antics)

Especially when 'they think they're being funny'
when much of it, 'is not very funny at all'...
Intended as such or not...
That is the worst part of it...

I'm sure he's probably a nice guy
but IMO, the show is hit & miss, it's because of Mark's BS antics

I (I'm sure many here) could do with a lot less of
the Grabass Markisms
& he knows (Most of US) we don't like it & he still does it anyway...
That should tell you something about Mark the man...

I DVR it & watch later with ffwrd used "a lot"
(My dad will not even sit thru it at all)
too bad it could really be a lil' better with less grabass BS
I don't mind a lil' kidding around, people are prone to doing that
his is way too scripted for my taste...

That cartoon BS just is lame as hell

whenever he's,
Mark's not on camera, it's not a bad show
or at least sticks to the cars, #'s facts etc.
not the dancing or lame-*** jokes
the weird ****, looks into the camera persona etc.

Dougy is a bit strange,
but seems to do a decent job assembling stuff

more showing the cars & work, with far less BS, would be nice
you can have a lil' of that nonsense, it goes a looooooooong way

like I said before
"if not for the MoPar's I wouldn't even consider watching"
Mark couldn't care any less either,
he makes mention of it/US on every show...

don't be a kissass, tell it like it is

View attachment 1088122
To sum up:
Worman has Napoleon Complex, little to no redeeming acting abilities and should just stick
to running his business.

I don't watch any scripted (or otherwise) car shows on cable/tv.
None...
YouTube is where to find literally hundreds of channels of well done car programming -
and some of those channels are actually owned by FBBO members!
(See my thread on just that very subject....)
About the only "how to" stuff I watch on cable anymore is the show "How It's Made",
have for many years now.
Discovery has RUINED it for a lot of auto video journalism - absolutely ruined it.

June 14, 2012 – present is a pretty good run though.

Last edited:
Rad Rides by Troy is a great show on Amazon. Free with Amazon Prime membership. Lots of fab work, not much in the way of Mopars that I've seen, though.

Auto Transport Service
Back