• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marker light/gauge lighting fuse keeps blowing

Beach Goat

Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
The fuse which gives me my tic toc tach, the exterior marker and lights, and the gauge lights, keeps blowing. Right before it blows there's a sharp discharge on the voltage gauge, I believe that means there's a ground somewhere. Before I start searching, is there anywhere I should focus my attention?

Last edited:
My method is a 12V lamp across the blowing fuse. Test lamp from O'Rielly, or make your own with clip leads. This allows you to have a visual aid while troubleshooting and is gentle to the wiring and circuits while you troubleshoot. Lamp glows BRIGHT during a short, and is dim, or no glow at all in normal operation.

Once you get the test lamp across the blowing fuse socket, if it glows that is a short. Start unplugging harnesses until the lamp is out. That is the branch of the circuit that has the short. Grab an ohm meter and start tracing form there.

Let us know what you find. Good Luck!

Auto Transport Service
Back