• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Master cylinder question

maddart

Local time
7:07 PM
Reaction score
Looking to replace my master cylinder on the 67 coronet with Manual Drum/Drum and want to get one with the clip on top. I have ordered the raybestos mc36221 and the bendix 11323 from rock auto as both have photos showing clip on tops and i was assured these were the actual ones. I have them here and both have the bolt on top. What master cylinder is everyone else using. I believe this is a one inch bore.
My brake job is now on hold until i can get this all ironed out.
Thanks

Bendix 11574 or Raybestos MC36308 is the one you're after.

Master Cyl.

I believe you can use the original one with the new master cylinder. The little bit bigger Master cylinder bore won't hurt anything, it's actually better. You could alway's PM slantsixdan for his honest opinion, which people value like gold!!!!

The larger bore will give you a better pedal but will take a bit more pressure with your foot for the same braking power but you probably won't notice the difference.

I have the master with the clip on the top.i had two with the bolt in the center ,and they seemed to leak.and i checked ,the both teadertoped back and forth ,they didnt sit flat

Generally, if you have a good gasket in the cap, it doesn't matter how the hold down seals it unless the cap is distorted or rusted. Same holds true for the cylinder. If the gasket surface isn't clean and unrusted, it won't seal very good.

These m/c were reconditioned,and were crap for me anyways

Auto Transport Service
Back