• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Matching # Super Bee Build

Stopped by on Friday the 13th......

All looking good, BS'd a long while, gave him some money from kidney sale ..... and then Body Man Bruce sheepishly said "he had a screw up."

Steering wheel and gauges were covered with a heavy quilt, a spark from left side rocker welding got it going.

Wheel, turn signal stem tip and dash pad paid the price. All still intact and functional, just a little effed up.

Not a big fire, we were lucky and he saw it as it was getting going out of the corner of the welding mask.

I'm glad his shop, my car or Body Man Bruce didn't go up in flames......been there, that **** happens fast.

Dash pad had a crack already so no biggie there.

The other two parts will be replaced (please let me know if you are aware of any available.) Wood grain spoked wheel and turn signal stem.

No pix as it's not that obvious and I am on to better things.

Getting there, thinking I may have him shoot engine compartment so I can drop in engine while fiscally recovering prior to paint.

Thanks for stopping in.

[FINALLY...page two]

Great progress!! car is going to be a very nice looking car! you probably know this, if this car if a N-96 car has more coils on the hood hinges springs. the hood (w/ air box) is heaver. use the OE springs if your lucky enough to still have them! the ones in the picture do not look correct. trying to help not criticize.

Great progress!! car is going to be a very nice looking car! you probably know this, if this car if a N-96 car has more coils on the hood hinges springs. the hood (w/ air box) is heaver. use the OE springs if your lucky enough to still have them! the ones in the picture do not look correct. trying to help not criticize.

That's important info, thanks.....did not know. I'll be counting coils now.

These were with car, but so was a hood latch support for a similar but wider Mopar.

These were with car, but so was a hood latch support for a similar but wider Mopar.

Looking great Johnny!

- - - Updated - - -

I had never read or heard that before ... how can you tell the diff? How many coils for regular and N96?

if this car if a N-96 car has more coils on the hood hinges springs. the hood (w/ air box) is heaver.

I had never read or heard that before ... how can you tell the diff? How many coils for regular and N96?

OK, I did a little research....if this is wrong, someone smarter tell me.

Makes perfect sense that a heavier hood needs different springs, something not always considered.

I just dealt with an aftermarket 'glass hood on an A body and didn't even consider the "stock" B body hood needing special or different springs.

Found two nice pics of restored '69's....one hemi and one 383, both with Ramcharger twin scoop hoods.

Appeared both had a coil count of ~21, which is the same as mine.

Checked other used and repop sources that had coil counts of ~25 and ~28.....so there are others with a different # in them.

I am familiar with snow plow springs and have learned the diameter of the material makes as much of a difference as the coil count.

Without measuring spring thickness, I am going to assume that the ducted hoods have a lower count and thicker diameter.

So, it looks like my springs are correct, or at least as right as the two concourse restored Bee's.

Thanks Hemi RTs for bringing this up.

Coming home after 60 days, not too bad.

Ready for paint, I'll be tinkering on little things and refilling the flat wallet for phase II of the lumpy gravy.

The one thing said by those that know cars and have seen it late in this rebuild is....."that's one solid Super Bee."

Confidence is high.

Home Sweet Home :headbang:

You are making some huge gains in the rebuild of that Bee! Can't wait to see the pictures moving forward. Thanks!

I think your hood springs are correct for your car. I counted 21 coils per spring in your picture, mine are also 21 coils and are the originals to my N96 car. Here is photo of mine. I also had never heard of different springs for the N96, but if true, yours are the same as mine.

If you want, I can measure the coil diameter for you as well.

P3130043.jpg

looking great,,, nice option!!! m46- side scoops. n96!!

This is a great looking rebuild, and I do hope there are some updates. :headbang:

I also love the fact you have had a sense of humour throughout the rebuild.....

I do have a kidney for sale on CL if anyone needs one. Sorry, keeping the liver as I've started drinking a lot to calm down and will still need that.

very important. :toothy9:

Auto Transport Service
Back