• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MATS is Dead!

theman440

Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
It will now be -

Muscle Cars @ the Strip (MCATS?) - tried to post the flyer but it is too big. Supposedly it will appear in Hot Rod Magazine too.

Quote from flyer -

"After 13 successful years
Mopars at the Strip (MATS) is expanding
due to demand to include GM and Ford
Enthusiasts (3 SHOWS IN 1) to become
MUSCLE CARS AT THE STRIP"

. . .due to demand?

We don't need Ford and GM to horn in on our stuff. Must have to do with the usual - $$

I went to it in 2012 and it was dead then..... they just didn't know it. I had to check my calendar to make sure it was the right date as nobody was there. Good thing I didn't go out there just for that.

I went to it in 2012 and it was dead then..... they just didn't know it. I had to check my calendar to make sure it was the right date as nobody was there. Good thing I didn't go out there just for that.
I was there in 12 too. Didn't notice a lack of attendance. Not here to sell MATS and don't care who goes or does not. Painter the sponsor got screwed and lost the Chrysler franchise in 08 for Political reasons. He is a Chevy Dealer now if I have it right. I don't know why he bothers. Drag racing and Hotchkiss slalom course alone make it worth the trip for me. I'd stay home if I felt that way.

I went in 2014 (as a spectator) and there was a ton of drag race cars there.....big swap meet...and manufacturer's row...it was great.
I didnt go in 2015 as my new motor wasn't finished yet for that date.
I am definitely going this March. (2016)
IT IS ON MY SCHEDULE FOR SURE.

I can't wait to line up against the440man.As I would think he would be there for sure since I think he lives in or near Vegas.

I've been doing the MATS since year one. I think a few things have led to this. Poor attendance by the Mopar community and Chrysler screwing the Painters to name a couple.

Canceled our reservation for MATS

11.jpgI registered, got my hotel rooms, we were bringing our 63 Dodge Blown Hemi 300 5 speed planned to make run it and show it....JUST CANCELED...I guess its down to Spring Fling.....what a disappointment!...

That just ruins everything. Don't need another "show" with gm and fords in it. Let them have their own shows.

We really enjoyed MATS in 2014 while out visiting our daughter in California. I guess now we will do the Spring Fling instead as I also like a Mopar only show once in awhile.

Couple Chevy's don't scare me. This is old news. Very old with a new title line to shake the sleepy. Only difference I can find is that brand x is allowed in the Fun Field - in a separate area.

Nope, been open to all cars from back as far as 2009. This is the first year that they advertised in Hot Rod.Only advertised in Mopar Mags before.Chrysler sued and the court caused the name change.They said MOPARTY was a NO-NO too.

Mike Gaines - I will be there, get that '66 tuned up!

Untill now they only allowed brand X for Pony wars, AFX/NSS and Police/Fire. Now its come one come all. I've been to EVERY event and in the early years many more people showed up than have in recent years. I will attend this year and see how it goes - but it won't be the same. It will be fun to blow the doors off some Camaros though. . .

Nope, been open to all cars from back as far as 2009. This is the first year that they advertised in Hot Rod.Only advertised in Mopar Mags before.Chrysler sued and the court caused the name change.They said MOPARTY was a NO-NO too.

Always fooking lawyers!

looks like I wont be attending anymore.. and spring fling and fall fling have been horrible for years now..Looks like the nationals and carlile are all that's left..

Don't you just love the logic? of a big company that squashes gatherings of car people, who love the companies products, squashes people trying to further the hobby by reproducing NS1 items for the hobbyist/enthusiast/potential buyer of new cars/parts? Look at all the FREE advertising and marketing they get at these shows to boost the companies sales and bottom line. Didn't cost them squat, no focus groups involved, no under table dealings etc. Its no wonder, that of the big 3 brands, ours has the hardest time. Maybe its a case of didn't invent it here syndrome from the mothership. You would think that having enthusiasts wanting to be involved with gatherings, being involved with restoring car history[ there by benefiting the company], increased sales of new cars[$$$ for paychecks to employees, investors etc] the said company would be falling over itself to want to be involved with the owners and business people that make this stuff happen that benefits ALL involved. That being said, I'll still attend.

Its gonna be a big hot mess, be lucky if you get one time run in i bet. Nellis afb is a eye shot away you can watch the the red flag exercises while cooking in the staging lanes . Well at least its a way to hammer on some cha ,cha, chivys lolNELLIS 07  RAPTOR TAXI47.jpgpaul molga last demo flight01_3.jpgpaul molga last demo flight01_5.jpgNELLIS F-15E STRIKE EAGLE CLIME OUT 01.jpgNew Image.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back