• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge Cable Question

VANDAN

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
We're running the cables on my '63 330, MW build.
Is the PB shift cable longer than a /6 for a MW ?
Next up, is the Speedometer cable longer than a stock /6 ?
The originals seem to be stretched, and too close to the exhaust, without restraining them some.
Any, and All input appreciated, Thanks
8182.jpeg

might have to make a bracket off that ear on the trans to the cable to keep it off exhaust pipe

I went to the '63 parts book. The big block shift cable is longer, 48", than the 318 in a Plymouth, 44", a 318 in a B-Body Dodge and what appears to be 6 cyl at 42". The speedometer cable is the same for all B-Bodys at 78". PARK cables are different between Plymouth and Dodge B-Bodies, no measurement is provided. I needed a shift cable for MAX 30 years ago and I checked the parts books and the '62 Chrysler was the same and found a '62 Newport in a junk yard.

I went to the '63 parts book. The big block shift cable is longer, 48", than the 318 in a Plymouth, 44", a 318 in a B-Body Dodge and what appears to be 6 cyl at 42". The speedometer cable is the same for all B-Bodys at 78". PARK cables are different between Plymouth and Dodge B-Bodies, no measurement is provided. I needed a shift cable for MAX 30 years ago and I checked the parts books and the '62 Chrysler was the same and found a '62 Newport in a junk yard.
Thanks Mwc ! That is the Info I was looking for. I had a talk with my Friend this morning about that same parts book info, and I'll need a 48" cable. Again, Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me, and have a Merry Christmas, and a Great New Year !

Auto Transport Service
Back