• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge oil pan new reproduction

WOW $660 bid so far!! Its not like he's only make one.:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

WOW $660 bid so far!! Its not like he's only make one.:realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy::realcrazy:

Somewhere I have a picture of a eBay add/link of an N.O.S. Max Wedge pan hanging on a wall at a dealer in Alliance,NE.Probably 10/12 yrs ago,pan looked to have been there a long time,eventually sold for a little over $3K !!

62MAX, Do you happen to know the capacity that this pan holds ? Since my build will be a stroker, I wanted to get some extra oil in it, compared to a stock 4qt pan, Thanks...

six quart

If that is the way Vans Auto is going to work with us, I'm going a different way. In fact I am not sure I want to work with them on anything. There are too many other companies to work with.

Many companies have store fronts and use ebay also, but none of the other try to get as much as they can.

Vans Auto knows that a lot of people have been asking for that oil pan, so instead putting a price on it they are going to screw you as much as possible.

Even a high price is better than what they are doing!
I have been hearing for months they were coming out with this pan, and NEVER expected this!

Sorry this pissed me OFF!!!

I thought the starting bid of $400 was steep...

When people stop bidding price up then at $400 and they don't sell price will sink, I'd hope?

Somewhere I have a picture of a eBay add/link of an N.O.S. Max Wedge pan hanging on a wall at a dealer in Alliance,NE.Probably 10/12 yrs ago,pan looked to have been there a long time,eventually sold for a little over $3K !!

The last NOS one I remember on e-bay also went for over $3K.

i emailed them after checking there off ebay website,,they told me thats the only 1 they have right now,,,,they could be auctioning this 1 off to see what it does and establishment a price point of what they think the market will bear..i would find it really hard to believe that the tooling was setup to only stamp 1 out.........

A little irony.
vx.JPG

i emailed them after checking there off ebay website,,they told me thats the only 1 they have right now,,,,they could be auctioning this 1 off to see what it does and establishment a price point of what they think the market will bear..i would find it really hard to believe that the tooling was setup to only stamp 1 out.........

i would find it really hard to believe that the tooling was setup to only stamp 1 out...

This !

Just seemed pretty suspect it disappeared at the same time Vans told him they only had one to see what the market would bear... and yours would = two.. lol
first off who ever said I had one & second I deleted them because I choose to so please put away Scooby doo & the mystery machine.

Nice to see someone Finally is making this pan .

Nice to see someone Finally is making this pan .
A body pan $200.00 Several Hemi pans Around $180.00 to $250.00 Many others for less than $100.00. Only greed makes this Max wedge pan so much!

I have Built several of these Max Wedge cars ,Nothing about them is cheap .But I think a set price should be on the pan .

What do you all think is a good price for these?
Testing the market with one won't really tell them the quantity they'd sell ,just that there are people not aware of their possible release .Hence the current eBay bidding.

I know the 1962/63 speaker grille that was reppoped was set at an affordable price ,considering its scarcity,hoping the same might apply here

What do you all think is a good price for these?
Testing the market with one won't really tell them the quantity they'd sell ,just that there are people not aware of their possible release .Hence the current eBay bidding.

I know the 1962/63 speaker grille that was reppoped was set at an affordable price ,considering its scarcity,hoping the same might apply here

I have a friend that did some Max Wedge pan's about ten yrs ago.He was modifying early 62/65 b-body pans,the work he did was exceptional and could not be told from an original.If my memory is correct,he made at least a half dozen and sold all at Columbus at that time for $1200 ea. with no problem.He quit due the amount of work and time involved per pan.

I have a friend that did some Max Wedge pan's about ten yrs ago.He was modifying early 62/65 b-body pans,the work he did was exceptional and could not be told from an original.If my memory is correct,he made at least a half dozen and sold all at Columbus at that time for $1200 ea. with no problem.He quit due the amount of work and time involved per pan.
yes his mw pans are exceptional & also his race hemi pans, he still has two of each..:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back