• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge oil pan new reproduction

Did you ever find your answer?

Id like to see measurements and capacity also.

I checked this Thursday for the availability of the Mopar Performance P5249817 oil pickup and there is none to be had at this time. There was none in the regional depots and nothing at the national depot. I think that there was 300 plus submitted request for the part, yet nothing shows to be in transit or open purchase orders from Chrysler.

With that said, there is no real time table on when this pickup will be available. I have seen similar scenarios as this and it may be months or a year or more before the item may be filled. And then it may be completely dropped. So if you find some, better snatch it up. Summit shows availability in mid February, but I would not hold my breath.

As for as the 817 pickup working, I was of the understanding that it should work. I was sent a link by one of the Max Wedge experts that Van's has reproduced the pickup in a 3/8" variety. His concern was that the tube was of the wrong profile and would have issues. I have just been too busy to see if they have any follow up on the situation. I will attempt to get an answer by the end of next week to see if he has any updates.
The shortblock for my build is nearly done. I believe we're using a 1/2" Hemi pick up, but I'll need to check the # on that. I will post when we check final fit. It will be 5yrs on this, if we get it done before next Winter, so its now or never...

Did you ever find your answer?

Id like to see measurements and capacity also.
Update on my build. The pickup we used is a P4529567. It IS NOT a Plug & Play Fit. It needs modification to work in this install...
9811.jpeg

Tell me more. I'm needing that pan with the taypered rear section.
I'll have to update you when I get more info myself. The builder is a Journeyman Engine Tech, that has been doing this for his career. I'm sure he'll have pics, and details of this op. I will pass those on to you when available...

Any updates on these pans and oil pick up ? I am ready to buy

Vans has pan for 300.00 and pick-up is 90.00
It's 3/8 and they fit great. Joe Suchy sell them also
They are correct for max wedge clone. I have it on a 440 block
And do not have to notch or cut cross member

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back