• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

max wedge scoop size

MIKESPOLARA

Local time
9:50 PM
Reaction score
Trying to get an idea how large the scoop is. Can someone tell me the length in inches of the 4 sides? Thanks in advance

Trying to get an idea how large the scoop is. Can someone tell me the length in inches of the 4 sides? Thanks in advance
Stock size:
width at front--28"
width at rear---24"
Front height---2 1/4"
rear height----1"
length---------35"
I make plenty of these scoops and also have two larger sizes of Max Wedge scoops

Stock size:
width at front--28"
width at rear---24"
Front height---2 1/4"
rear height----1"
length---------35"
I make plenty of these scoops and also have two larger sizes of Max Wedge scoops

The ones you make that are larger is that for looks or function or both?
I sure wish you had website pics/prices

Great pics. Does it have a slight curvature along the bottom outside edge to conform to the hoods shape. At least I think the hood has a slight curvature.

Trying to respond to ply64post

Post some pics

Here are some pictures of a scoop off of a 63 Savoy real Max Wedge that a friend of mine has.

Jeff

000_0370.jpg
000_0373.jpg
DSCN7229.jpg

Great pics. Does it have a slight curvature along the bottom outside edge to conform to the hoods shape. At least I think the hood has a slight curvature.

Trying to respond to ply64post

I apologize for not responding back. I will send the pictures that I have.

Jeff

000_0360.jpg
000_0367.jpg
000_0371.jpg
000_0372.jpg
000_0370.jpg
000_0373.jpg

Is that a modified aluminum scoop? Those extra angles of aluminum running down the inside center is not a factory item. I have had a few of those aluminum max wedge scoops and aluminum front ends with nothing like that. That scoop may have been made by a guy in Mich. called TinMan. He's good.

Is that a modified aluminum scoop? Those extra angles of aluminum running down the inside center is not a factory item. I have had a few of those aluminum max wedge scoops and aluminum front ends with nothing like that. That scoop may have been made by a guy in Mich. called TinMan. He's good.

Glassman

What I can tell you is the scoop is part of a complete aluminum front end that is on a 63 Savoy 2 dr sdn. Yes I tend to agree that the bracing was added (support?). The scoop appears not to be altered in any other way that I can see. As far as history the car was from the NY NJ area and spent it's life as a race car. The car at this time is being totally restored. The car is red, high compression, and a 3sp. I would be interested for correct specs and pictures.

Jeff

Auto Transport Service
Back