• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Max Wedge Scoop

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Hello, Got a fiberglass bolt on scoop, what to mount it to a steel 65 Satellite hood, Anybody got pictures of hole you cut in hood and how you finished the underside nicely. Planning on just one hole, and it would be though the centre brace. Thanks in advance

Hello, Got a fiberglass bolt on scoop, what to mount it to a steel 65 Satellite hood, Anybody got pictures of hole you cut in hood and how you finished the underside nicely. Planning on just one hole, and it would be though the centre brace. Thanks in advance
Anybody?.

Here is what i did. I made a small lip. same with the under side. then the center frame is sloped into this lip.

DSCN0886.jpgDSCN0887.jpg

Thanks. Is that a steel hood, got a pic of underside

Its a Steel hood. I will get pix of the under side this weekend if you can wait.

Thanks that would be great

That is a nice solid job, looks great and thanks for the pics, Terry

Heres the bottom side of one I just finished up. I dont have any pics of the top yet. This car will just have the std 14" air cleaner.
In the future if it is changed to a crossram I'll make a flate "air pan" that fits to the bottom of the hood and openings for the carbs like the factory did. This came out pretty good though.

sat31.jpg

sat30.jpg

I'm starting mine soon ......was wondering if your using nuts /bolts with washers or some kind of larger plates in place of washers to secure it

Top pic of the one above.
sat40.jpg

For the bolts I use body hardware I get at the local body shop. Napa also sells small bags or misc. boxes of similar things. I think Balkamp is one of the names and of course Gardner-Westcott.

I used a small number 10 bolt and speed nut assembly. I like them because the head on the bolt is very small but they use a big thick washer and look like something the factory would use rather than a hardware bolt and often thin body washer.

Auto Transport Service
Back