• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May 2013 Island dragway reopening

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
As a Outlaw track till 2014 then going back to NHRA.
Best news I have heard all year.
I'll be back for sure and going to get a few races there with NENDRA.:love4:

ill be going with the black dodge as soon as the gates open. I love this track. this track hooks like no other.

Do you mean as in Island Dragway in NJ ?????

Really, I live in town and have heard nothing from kathy (owner). But I would love to see it open, plus there is nothing about it on the FB page dedicated to the reopen.

Guess will wait and see, But I have heard rumors that issue of retaining their NHRA standing

Thanks
James

this is what I heard from:3 reliable sources
maybe you could do some research and let us know what you find out

As a Outlaw track till 2014 then going back to NHRA.
Best news I have heard all year.
I'll be back for sure and going to get a few races there with NENDRA.:love4:

I did some research and it seems what s being told is true, however it will only be test and tune or grudge racing. Time will tell...:3gears:

Well I hope you are right. I will try to get a hold of one of my friends that is a personal friend of Kathy(Owner) to find out what is going on.

Thanks
James

Well I hope you are right. I will try to get a hold of one of my friends that is a personal friend of Kathy(Owner) to find out what is going on.

Thanks
James

The sooner the better.Cant wait to be back there
.i.always had my best outings there.

that's great news, I hope it happens & works out for you guys....

I got a phone call today saying that Island dragway opened up yesterday. Anyone else hear the same. if so i'll be there next weekend.

You have no idea how psyched i am it's reopened. Ok, maybe you do. :hello2:

From facebook:

After months of waiting, listening, reorganizing and a great deal of thought we are finally ready to make the public announcement that we hope everybody has been waiting for. We WILL be re-opening during the 2013 season!! We are HOPING for sometime as soon as July. The rumors about financial hardship are true and we are not out of the woods yet, though with proper management and some luck from the
weather we hope to stick around for a long time!

There seemed to be people coming out of the woodwork to offer a helping hand, so we would like to take some up on that offer. If you would like to donate some time or money please send us an email at [email protected] with your name and contact info, every little bit helps! Local businesses who would like to set up a sponsorship package, please contact us as well, this is bound to be one of our best seasons with the amount of publicity we have gotten as of late!

We are looking for EMS providers for this season. Any EMS providers with Friday-Sunday availability please email [email protected]

We are also looking for clubs interested in hosting or helping with special events, particularly Import, Truck and Rat Rod/Jalopy events. If you know of a club or are just have some AWESOME ideas, please send an email to [email protected]

From facebook:

After months of waiting, listening, reorganizing and a great deal of thought we are finally ready to make the public announcement that we hope everybody has been waiting for. We WILL be re-opening during the 2013 season!! We are HOPING for sometime as soon as July. The rumors about financial hardship are true and we are not out of the woods yet, though with proper management and some luck from the
weather we hope to stick around for a long time!

There seemed to be people coming out of the woodwork to offer a helping hand, so we would like to take some up on that offer. If you would like to donate some time or money please send us an email at [email protected] with your name and contact info, every little bit helps! Local businesses who would like to set up a sponsorship package, please contact us as well, this is bound to be one of our best seasons with the amount of publicity we have gotten as of late!

We are looking for EMS providers for this season. Any EMS providers with Friday-Sunday availability please email [email protected]

We are also looking for clubs interested in hosting or helping with special events, particularly Import, Truck and Rat Rod/Jalopy events. If you know of a club or are just have some AWESOME ideas, please send an email to [email protected]

great news

Auto Transport Service
Back