• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maybe still not mature enough

Tony 69

Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
I still get a rush from driving my bird. I call it the Goose. Sometimes the adrenaline forces me to cut a drive short and just come on back home. Raw power and not too stable at 100. Wow! This car is a blast!

I don't drag race but the times that I did were quite a rush.
I get wound up when I'm out cornering fast, braking fast, winding up the engine in each gear....My knees get to shaking a slight amount with the excitement.
I sometimes feel like this guy:

132.jpg
8100 H.jpg

I completely get it I bought my bee 24 years ago when I was 20. I still go out and wring it’s neck and can’t get enough of it
3C39D724-6C20-4482-B9B8-DED72A953D6F.jpeg

I would love to get another car just to launch at the track. Something I wouldn’t feel so guilty about abusing. I’ve never drag raced but sure looks like fun. Loved going to the drags with dad as a kid. That’s where I fell in love with the ‘68 & ‘69 RRs.

The 340, 4-speed Duster is so much fun up and down our rural street for now. Head snapping adrenaline experience.

I still get a rush from driving my bird. I call it the Goose. Sometimes the adrenaline forces me to cut a drive short and just come on back home. Raw power and not too stable at 100. Wow! This car is a blast!
Not too stable at 100? Somethings not right.....could be something as simple as a good front end alignment. Btw, the old specs are for bias ply tires. I always add more caster (all I could get usually) and more camber.

I don't drag race but the times that I did were quite a rush.
I get wound up when I'm out cornering fast, braking fast, winding up the engine in each gear....My knees get to shaking a slight amount with the excitement.
I sometimes feel like this guy:

View attachment 1386009View attachment 1386010
I'm sure that guys knee didn't shake! lol You sound like someone that I could scare easily :lol:

Biggest rush for me is in a new car at the drags (or a new motor in the old car) that's quite a bit faster than youre used to.
Fastest I had been was high 12s. Drove a buddy's car that was mid eleven. Scared the caca out of me.
Got my car into low 11s, put together a new, light car with a brake and big tires, scared the caca out of me.... for a little while. Finally put it on a good track, got my first nine, and first wheelie. That was a rush! Now that eleven second car is sure slow!

Like -3degrees camber ?
Never ever negative!!

Biggest rush for me is in a new car at the drags (or a new motor in the old car) that's quite a bit faster than youre used to.
Fastest I had been was high 12s. Drove a buddy's car that was mid eleven. Scared the caca out of me.
Got my car into low 11s, put together a new, light car with a brake and big tires, scared the caca out of me.... for a little while. Finally put it on a good track, got my first nine, and first wheelie. That was a rush! Now that eleven second car is sure slow!
Oh man, the first time I drove a high 10 second car it was a trip. Fastest I have ever been was low 13's high 12's but mostly was driving mid 15's junk lol. Did my burnout and it wasn't good enough. Launched ok but wasn't hard in it and it broke lose going into 2nd. No problem....got back in it after letting off a bit but when it hit 3rd, it did the same thing. Now we're doing close to 100 and that got my attention!!! A buddy at the track helped me with my next burnout and everything was cool after that. Didn't crash but was reluctant to make another pass. Had the same thing happen with a 9 second car but it was early in the run and going into 2nd. Scrubbed that run but it pissed me off more than anything.

where did you buy the rims? backspacing/-offset?
Got everything from SummitRacing. Their Sparks Nevada warehouse is just minutes from my house.

Front Backspace is 4.5”
Rear Backspace is 5.5”

I do run a 1/4” billet spacer in the rear.

Here’s a link to my stuff….
B Bodies and Road Courses - My Super Bee Setup
Post #4 is my tire/wheel setup

Auto Transport Service
Back