• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mean Green the Time Machine

Big bill

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I picked this car up a few weeks ago bought it sight unseen from a guy that didn't know much about mopars. It was an estate sale from the oringal owner who had past away several years ago and this was his ride , he ordered the car new with a 383 four barrel dual exhaust 3.91 post bench seat auto on the column. The car has been off the road since 82 and it sat outside under a tarp so I didn't get a lot of info on it . When it showed in Michigan from Colorado it barely ran and it was a mess What Did I DO !!!!! Well I went to work on the car and it fought me all the way the new battery that came with it had a dead cell, the car smoked like a teen age pot head, it had new plug wires and a dist plus coil but the plugs looked like they had been in it since 1972 . I founds lots of papers and trash, pot seeds, two roaches (not the bug kind) and every ash tray was full of cigarette butts.... This thing is like going back to the High school parking lot in 1981. There is a under dash sparko-matic tape deck with a 7 band eq I found a few tapes, Deep purple, Boston and Pink Floyd The Wall to name a few. Well I got it running and tuned up with fresh oil and plugs and I have put about 100 miles on it and this this is a runner it's so hard to believe a car can sit for forty years and run and drive this good. It still needs some work but this car is mean, very fast I had to put 93 octane gas in it and it still will ping now and then WOW !!!!! Every time I get in this thing I feel like I'm in high School cruising around jamming some tunes looking for chicks and someone to race!!!!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

newwelcome.jpg
I know you've been a member for a while now but with this post, you're here, man.
Awesome story, awesome ride, keep us updated! :thumbsup:

Hey I graduated in 1981 ! That could have been my car back then :lol:
Good old spark-o-matics & an equalizer as well with Pink Floyd.
That brings back memories.
Cool car :thumbsup:

Very kool....spark o matic...lol. that's what we called my buddy in high school. We named him after his Kmart car stereo and 1 other obvious reason.

Looks great!! I'm in Sterling heights...how close are you.

The 383-4bbl in 66 was a strong mid range performer and it would idle like a kitten too.
The small AFB had excellent throttle response as well.
I would highly recommend swapping the single pot master cylinder out for a 67 or newer model and probably change out the flex hoses if they are original.
Have fun with it!

Very cool 66, and great color. They can sit for 40 years and run like they were parked yesterday. We took tires, gas, battery and some fuel hose and drove one out of a junkyard about 15 years ago. Ofcourse we took tools and spare parts, but all it needed to run was to run and drive was a points file.

In Michigan and it had a bath and a good buffing the wheels are temporary I had to get the little 185 r14 off yuck.

19D6AE88-21E8-4FBE-9D63-5EFF8CA61126.jpeg 18762FFE-4442-44BF-97AE-1385E2FDFF2D.png F51A202E-6014-45CA-9E0E-0C49B52DC6A8.jpeg

Yesterday I went for little ride and some chick at the gas station said sweet car!!!

1A90ACA0-2E8C-4B20-8AEE-7DE621851C6F.png BFFA3007-B667-4AC7-80B1-E313FB2D8B3C.jpeg 85AA92D1-1D8A-4E33-B7D6-2915DA204E53.png

829783D6-F09A-45A6-BCE1-FB02CB259B59.jpeg
I bought a few parts for Mean Green from some members here on b bodies I just installed the wheel and horn ring and got rid of the superior 500 steering wheel it’s funny the wheel I took off had the price sticker on the back side it was $17.99 kinda cool!!

Very cool 66, and great color. They can sit for 40 years and run like they were parked yesterday. We took tires, gas, battery and some fuel hose and drove one out of a junkyard about 15 years ago. Ofcourse we took tools and spare parts, but all it needed to run was to run and drive was a points file.
That’s crazy it took me a few min to figure out the backfire that was coming out of the exhaust but the spark plugs were so bad it was not burning all the fuel the new plugs fixed that ha ha .

That’s crazy it took me a few min to figure out the backfire that was coming out of the exhaust but the spark plugs were so bad it was not burning all the fuel the new plugs fixed that ha ha .
sounds like you have the skills.......

Very kool....spark o matic...lol. that's what we called my buddy in high school. We named him after his Kmart car stereo and 1 other obvious reason.

Looks great!! I'm in Sterling heights...how close are you.
I'm in Clare Michigan that's a great story !

Hey I graduated in 1981 ! That could have been my car back then :lol:
Good old spark-o-matics & an equalizer as well with Pink Floyd.
That brings back memories.
Cool car :thumbsup:
I have had a few cars and restored a lot of cars but this one just has that feeling I think I am going to leave it as is and cruise the guts out of it !!!!

Agreed. My Hemi car sits most of the time because I have more fun with my beater.
IMG_0003.JPG

I found this number on the right side tappet cover I wonder what it means?

Auto Transport Service
Back