• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum

Exactly, A LOT of cars avail today are avail 100% due too the market .
Ive given though to test the market with my 66 Satellite.
But then I come to my senses and say oh hell no

We had a huge show in Myrtle Beach this weekend, over 3000 cars. I swear 3/4 of them had a for sale sign on them.

Exactly, A LOT of cars avail today are avail 100% due too the market .
Ive given though to test the market with my 66 Satellite.
But then I come to my senses and say oh hell no
I was discussing this with the previous owner of my GTX earlier this week. Bottom line, I bought the car because I loved it, and I still do, enough not to part with it even at today's inflated pricing.

I was discussing this with the previous owner of my GTX earlier this week. Bottom line, I bought the car because I loved it, and I still do, enough not to part with it even at today's inflated pricing.
My car isnt for sale. Even at todays bloated market.
Told one guy a while back who insisted how much.
Finally ... I broke down and told him 150k and i would think about it.
Otherwise...stop asking.

My pet peeve is/are "Poverty Caps"..... on many "Muscle" cars...

I'm not a big fan of these and it seems many "original" cars are sporting.. my opinion only and as my father used to say "that's what makes the world go round"...

Appears to be a fad or sales ploy to give credibility/originality...

Guess if it helps with the sale - do it

Starting way-back-when for me, I only saw hub caps on Fury police cars; never Mopar muscle cars. The muscle cars invariably had Cragars, Keystones, or those aluminum slots (I don't recall who made the slots). Same story for the hippies and druggies with their Dodge vans...Cragars, Keystones, or slots.

My elderly next door neighbors (1960's & 1970's) always bought plain Jane stripper Plymouth models; and always in white. They always had wheel covers, not hub caps. Hub caps were too Spartan for them I guess.:D

:usflag:

Starting way-back-when for me, I only saw hub caps on Fury police cars; never Mopar muscle cars. The muscle cars invariably had Cragars, Keystones, or those aluminum slots (I don't recall who made the slots). Same story for the hippies and druggies with their Dodge vans...Cragars, Keystones, or slots.

My elderly next door neighbors (1960's & 1970's) always bought plain Jane stripper Plymouth models; and always in white. They always had wheel covers, not hub caps. Hub caps were too Spartan for them I guess.:D

:usflag:
My dad drove stripper Valiants, a 1960 he bought used for $550, and later a 1970 he special ordered, both cars were white. He had hub caps on both, because the full wheel covers we had on our '67 Valiant were always shifting and bending the tire valve stems. A lot of the guys who drove Road Runners and GTXs in my locality back in the day ran bare steelies, because they couldn't afford fancier stuff. In my town, the guys who drove Mopars tended to come from modest circumstances, myself included. I ran bare wheels on Baby Blue back in the day because I couldn't afford Magnum 500s (I finally got a set for my birthday in 1985, $375, big money to me back then.)

Auto Transport Service
Back