• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Barrett Jackson

JackR

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
I caught a lot of it yesterday and some more today. Saw a good number of no reserve muscle cars where the owners sure lost some money. A couple nice early GTO’s for $30K. Today a really nice 1969 coronet R/T 45K.
heading there with a NY buddy who has his eye on a few cars on Friday and Saturday.
Crazy this year to put a good car in a no reserve auction. The high dollar cars on Friday/ Saturday will probably be priced flat from last year.

For posterity.

VIN: XP29G8B366806

Screenshot_20240124-204052~2.png

A waste of $80k coulda got you a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am slug. ( I vividly remember blowing the doors off one of these with my 318 Sport Satellite when this car was brand-spankin' new ).

Man, talk about "disposable income"!

It all just seems to me to be an endless supply of fools with money - but then, that might just be simple
jealousy *shrug*.

If it scratches their itch and they can afford it, then go for it!

Myself and some friends will be there all day looking at cars .
Not buying though.

A waste of $80k coulda got you a 1976 Pontiac Trans Am slug. ( I vividly remember blowing the doors off one of these with my 318 Sport Satellite when this car was brand-spankin' new ).
I used to smoke those Trans Ams left and right with my 70 Charger R/T! I remember asking their girlfriends if they wanted to go for a ride in a fast car! Lol Those cars truly need an LS conversion!

Did the same with my first GTX back in 1977. I had to come from behind because studded snow tires killed me off the line.

Last edited:
Has anyone been noticing how these TV auctions by Mecum and BJ, are nothing but uber-rich individuals with more money than common sense? Then as mentioned above, could it be a case of envy or just a fool, and their money is easily parted??? cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

Has anyone been noticing how these TV auctions by Mecum and BJ, are nothing but uber-rich individuals with more money than common sense? Then as mentioned above, could it be a case of envy or just a fool, and their money is easily parted??? cr8crshr/Bill :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
I've often thought, you're on TV in front of millions of people, watching your dopey smirk as you just foolishly paid way too much stupid money ?

I'm sorry. I just don't get it. Perhaps it's a result of life experience with these vehicles when they were just new/used vehicles back in the day ? But, paying six figures for Blazers and Broncos, which were utility rot-buckets, I just don't get it. And.. putting in LS and Coyote engines, as well.

HAH ! $200k for a "new" 87 Buick GNX dirty and filthy, pulled out of a "barn" after 37 years, the bumper fillers dry-rotted and cracked. Whay a buy !!!

One thing they did get right, I also picked that green ( yeah, me... picked green ) beautiful Buick Invicta show car.

One thing they did get right, I also picked that green ( yeah, me... picked green ) beautiful Buick Invicta show car.
That one was really nice I looked at it good and the builder was explaining the work he had done to the guy who ended up buying it.

I haven’t watched a whole lot of it, but when I did, it seemed like it was all GM, a lot of Vettes. Then the commercials. A string of them. Gets back to the auction and the announcer comes on and says well a nice 70 Superbird just crossed the block and the camera shows what else? A Corvette. I switched the channel.

Last edited:
They are not big into Mopars for sure, someone said mopar is dead now so onwards to the fire chickens and turbo cars from GM..

Auto Transport Service
Back