• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meep's new tool addition

:68 spt sat hey another Concord California Boy...LOL.. I had no idea... I was Born there in July 12th 1959 at Concord Memorial, lived off Cobbelstone Ct. in Cantaberry Village & Cowell rd. when I was real young then, Waterfall Way in Turtle Creek area, then Oakhurst in Clayton, by Treat Blvd, when I bought my 3rd house, I could see the stripes "I painted" out on Eygnatio Valley Blvd, for the week end street races, from my upstairs bedroom deck on Waterfall Way.... it's a small world sometimes

Back in the 70's and probably through the 80's Canterbury Village was known as felony village. I grew up not 10 mins from most of the places you listed! Was that you who first painted the stripes on Ygnacio? I know me and a buddy repainted them once back in the 80's (allegedly). And who knows how many times they were touched up before that. I had a pretty thick crowd up there one night when I raced and beat (three times) a red/white high dollar 56 Chevy with my POS looking cheapo 68 RR. That was a good night for MoPars, especially in our area back then.

Damn, 65 miles? Ouch. But a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.
There's a couple of shops that are still around nearer to me but this one shop is one that I can really trust to always do excellent work. There's a nationally 'known' Chevy shop real close to me but when they machine a hole and it comes back to me with a .0005 hour glass finish in the cylinders, I don't go there anymore. .0005 probably won't hurt in most street engines....but well, he has the machines and the know how for that not to happen. Another 'top' shop gave me a block that had the main bores out by .003!! Also a chevy shop. So, I'm happy to make the drive to a place that not only does great work but also speaks Mopar.

Back in the 70's and probably through the 80's Canterbury Village was known as felony village. I grew up not 10 mins from most of the places you listed! Was that you who first painted the stripes on Ygnacio? I know me and a buddy repainted them once back in the 80's (allegedly). And who knows how many times they were touched up before that. I had a pretty thick crowd up there one night when I raced and beat (three times) a red/white high dollar 56 Chevy with my POS looking cheapo 68 RR. That was a good night for MoPars, especially in our area back then.

Meeps, yep me & my old racing partners Jim C. & Jeff B. & Scott H. painted the ones that were by the top of the hill in the long flat stretch after the stop light originally, there were just on the sides, just short stripes on either sides of the road, not all the way across the road, there was traffic even at 3:00am, then latter on a couple guys name Danny M., Larry V. & Rod B. from Walnut Creek & Pleasant Hill, that had a bad *** LS7-454 full roller dark Green & white stripes 70 Camaro, a bad *** BBC 31 Ford Coupe, BB Silver Vega they redid them, they were the older guys, left overs from the late 60's early 70's street racen'/drag racen' vetrens...he ha he ha, they said ours were wrong & too long, later we didn't need to redo them, someone kept repainting them for us, {maybe it was you}, we also did some lines on Willow Pass too down a few blocks away, going toward the uphill section, going toward Concord, from the Eyncino Grande' Safeway parking lot, behind were the old Union 76 station was, were all the gear heads & street racers, bench racers, hung out after the WC cruise nights.... awh yes fun times, in my mis-spent youth....LOL...

Auto Transport Service
Back