• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mega Parts - Shows

Ever since the Covid lockdowns, we have all adapted to different methods of making things work. We have been doing Carlisle since 1992 and The Nats since 1987. I have only missed The Nats once in 1996 due to a work conflict. We have been Jamie's neighbor at Carlisle for more years than I can recall and hate to loose him as a neighbor. Although we may sell a couple of the same items, we did not overlap that greatly and we both would send customers next door for the needed items.

For us, it has been right at $10000 to do Carlisle by the time you factor in the various expenses. We are not one of the largest and at the same time, not one of the smaller vendors that sets up for Carlisle, but we try to be as frugal as possible. Looking at current prices that we are expected to experience, we are looking at $1700 to $2000 more to do the show this year. This means that we will need to sell approximately $5000 to $6500 to cover the additional cost.

Every day, I am hearing from more and more people who are possibly staying home due to the expenses of the trip. Thankfully, the Canadian border is open and we have a great number of Canadian customers which will hopefully offset those who are staying home.

As I initially stated, we have learned a good bit on ways to optimize our sales since Covid. Everyone is cutting back due to a variety of reasons. It will be a very interesting show this year. The sad fact is that we are all getting older and as more and more of us decide to no longer attend the events, they will suffer as well. We will attempt to support the events as long as possible, but we are all looking for different avenues to support our bottom line.

Hope to see a good turnout in Carlisle!!
Richard

Does anyone have a list of commercial vendors who will be at Carlisle this year? Being from Canada we have had a lot of trouble getting parts the last two years. I am looking for some trim pieces and was hoping I could order them and pick them up at the show.

Does anyone have a list of commercial vendors who will be at Carlisle this year? Being from Canada we have had a lot of trouble getting parts the last two years. I am looking for some trim pieces and was hoping I could order them and pick them up at the show.

Your best bet is call the Carlisle staff.
Even then its no guarantee tsaid vendor will be there

The show directory will be made public for internet viewing once it is approved for publication by the Carlisle staff. This is usually sometime in mid June as I recall. Once it is released, you can be able to view the vendor directory to see who has renewed there spaces. Just because they are listed, does not mean that they will be at the show. As noted above, the best thing is to reach out to the desired vendor and confirm with them that they will be in fact attending the show.

Just as with any product at this point for any industry, from raw materials to the finished product, everyone has felt the pain. If there is anything in particular that anyone is needing and hoping to pickup, I would reach out to the desired vendor and possibly get a confirmation and possibly even put a down payment on the item if it is something that is getting next to impossible to locate. I have a feeling that some pieces due to availability will be sold out on Thursday before the show actually is open to the mass public.

I have spoke to Ted Stephens, Jim Kramer, Bob Baker and Jamie over the past week and we are all in the same position with supply issues. If there is anything that any of you guys would like for us to bring that we do not typically stock at the shows, please private message me with your request. I will post a variety of show specials in the Vendor Forums. And thanks to all of those who support us at Dale's Cuda Shop, Gary Goer Interiors, Quirey Quality Design and Restoration Parts and Materials!!!

Richard

Ever since the Covid lockdowns, we have all adapted to different methods of making things work. We have been doing Carlisle since 1992 and The Nats since 1987. I have only missed The Nats once in 1996 due to a work conflict. We have been Jamie's neighbor at Carlisle for more years than I can recall and hate to loose him as a neighbor. Although we may sell a couple of the same items, we did not overlap that greatly and we both would send customers next door for the needed items.

For us, it has been right at $10000 to do Carlisle by the time you factor in the various expenses. We are not one of the largest and at the same time, not one of the smaller vendors that sets up for Carlisle, but we try to be as frugal as possible. Looking at current prices that we are expected to experience, we are looking at $1700 to $2000 more to do the show this year. This means that we will need to sell approximately $5000 to $6500 to cover the additional cost.

Every day, I am hearing from more and more people who are possibly staying home due to the expenses of the trip. Thankfully, the Canadian border is open and we have a great number of Canadian customers which will hopefully offset those who are staying home.

As I initially stated, we have learned a good bit on ways to optimize our sales since Covid. Everyone is cutting back due to a variety of reasons. It will be a very interesting show this year. The sad fact is that we are all getting older and as more and more of us decide to no longer attend the events, they will suffer as well. We will attempt to support the events as long as possible, but we are all looking for different avenues to support our bottom line.

Hope to see a good turnout in Carlisle!!
Richard
And you have to sell a ton of door lock knobs to make $15,000 in profit. Just trying to be comical but I hope the members here catch my drift.

Auto Transport Service
Back