• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Memorial Day is Monday, May 25th

Gone

Local time
3:30 PM
Reaction score
Memorial Day is designated as the last Monday in May to honor those who have died in service to the nation in the Armed Forces. It is not designated to honor veterans who have served or are serving in the Armed Forces...that's Veteran's Day on November 11th. On Memorial Day, if you fly the flag it should be posted at half staff / half mast from sunrise until noon, and then returned to full staff / full mast for the remainder of the day.

on Monday i have been asked to play the national anthem in the middle of my town for our veterans as they honer our fallen veterans . ( done on a big stereo ) pictures to follow
thank you ALL of our veterans for keeping us FREE :thankyou::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Monday the 25th will make 4 years since my father passed away. ..
A WWII vet, a brilliant scientist and the man I wish I was...

Jeff

Thank you Don! One of my pet peeves.

And as Don said I will repeat...it is to honor those who DIED IN SERVICE. Not retirees who died later in life but who died while in service.

Thank you Don! One of my pet peeves.

And as Don said I will repeat...it is to honor those who DIED IN SERVICE. Not retirees who died later in life but who died while in service.
It is a very important distinction, especially to the families of The Fallen. I call them The Fallen because they are a distinct group of Americans that should forever be honored. If you go to Arlington National Cemetery or any military cemetery or war memorial, you know what I mean. I cannot visit the Vietnam War Memorial without crying. That one especially gets to me. Maybe it's the letters and little mementos that are left there for The Loved Lost.

Last edited:
8E4B9FEC-9FFE-470C-A2FC-D087BF699D03.jpeg
C138513C-EB00-45F0-AF01-5C16A707C595.gif

That is for Veterans Day.
Monday is MEMORIAL Day to honor not those who served, but those who died WHILE SERVING.

Auto Transport Service
Back