• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Bossy wont be down for breakfast

as an old Broad St. Bullies fan from the 70's, I hated that fukker; but it's not personal....... RIP

This has been a BRUTAL year for My ISLANDERS....
We've lost 4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion / Hall of Famer
Clark Gillies, then
2 Time STANLEY CUP Champion Jean Potvin
(Older brother of the Greatest Defenseman in Hockey History Denis Potvin) , and now
4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion/ Hall of Famer /
573 Goals in 10 seasons (bad back) -- at 57.3 goals per year (with a season high of 69), the Greatest Pure Goal Scorer in Hockey History....MIKE BOSSY...

All three (3) are Good Friends of mine, and I would always look forward to their bear hugs and handshakes when I see them .....

We will all miss them all... R.I.P. 9 , 4, and 22.....
4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion

To flyers fan above,
May 24, 1980 at my Nassau Coliseum, 7:11 of Overtime,
Lorne Henning - to John Tonelli - to BOBBY NYSTROM for the 1980 STANLEY CUP, with Pete Peeters flopping in net like a wounded fish.....

One of FOUR Great Moments in my life....
Winning *** 19 straight *** Playoff Series !!!! Priceless...

Last edited:
This has been a BRUTAL year for My ISLANDERS....
We've lost 4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion / Hall of Famer
Clark Gillies, then
2 Time STANLEY CUP Champion Jean Potvin
(Older brother of the Greatest Defenseman in Hockey History Denis Potvin) , and now
4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion/ Hall of Famer /
573 Goals in 10 seasons (bad back) -- at 57.3 goals per year (with a season high of 69), the Greatest Pure Goal Scorer in Hockey History....

All three (3) are Good Friends of mine, and I would always look forward to their bear hugs and handshakes when I see them .....

We will all miss them all... R.I.P. 9 , 4, and 22.....
4 Time STANLEY CUP Champion

1980....... blown off sides call screwed the Flyers and handed the cup to the Islanders...... I bet @JDmac72chrgr remembers

It was nice that Linesman Leon Stickle, who had a 1966 and a 1969 Mustang was a good friend of mine, too...
And, it might have been 1 inch offsides.... two great passes.... Result : STANLEY CUP # 1........

Hey eldubb440,
Those ARE two beautiful good goals that you highlight....
Thank You.... Craig STANLEY, as in CUP......

It was nice that Linesman Leon Stickle, who had a 1966 and a 1969 Mustang was a good friend of mine, too...
And, it might have been 1 inch offsides.... two great passes.... Result : STANLEY CUP # 1........

it was ALWAYS Flyers vs the refs back then

Hey eldubb440,
Have you got any videos of Gary "Toy Tiger" Howatt beating the pulp out of Dave Scultz, like he always did....

Of course, NO ONE on planet Earth was tougher than
DENIS " THE GOD of HOCKEY " POTVIN......

Greatest Defenseman in N H L History :
# 1 ) Denis Potvin
# 2) Larry Robinson
# 3) Bobby Orr
# 4) Scott Stevens (how about his shots on bobblehead
Eric Lindros ??? )
# 5) Ray Bourque
# 6) Chris Chelios
# 7) Nicolas Lidstrom
# 8) Paul Coffey
# 9) Al McInnis
# 10 ) Zdeno Chara

Last edited:
Another Great Video !!!
And Gary " Toy Tiger " Howatt was one of very few who could go toe-to-toe with " the hammer "
Those were the days.....
ISLANDERS Fans have always been the toughest !!!
rangers fans have ALWAYS been the biggest pussies,
Mike Milbury beating the rangers fans with their own shoes --- that has got to be a great video !!!!

R.I.P. to my favorite hockey player of all time... one of the greatest goal scorers ever to lace skates... ONLY player with 9 straight 50+ goal seasons... highest % goal-per-game scorer of ANYBODY, all-time... Mike Bossy, thank you. A great player, a clean player for the greatest professional sports dynasty in the history of pro sports.

ALL of MIKE BOSSY s # s are Far Better than Everyone, including Wayne Gretkzy (the rangers spelled it that way on his game jersey --- HA HA HA !!!)
Bad back after just 10 years --- 573 Goals,
He easily would have scored over 1000....

Hey eldubb440,
Have you got any videos of Gary "Toy Tiger" Howatt beating the pulp out of Dave Scultz, like he always did....

Of course, NO ONE on planet Earth was tougher than
DENIS " THE GOD of HOCKEY " POTVIN......

Greatest Defenseman in N H L History :
# 1 ) Denis Potvin
# 2) Larry Robinson
# 3) Bobby Orr
In all fairness, I've been a hockey fan since the early 60's. Bobby Orr was the greatest D ever. Howe, Gretzky, Orr the top 3 players all-time.

I have Bobby Orr # 3 --- that's where he belongs...
He revolutionized the " D " position offensively like no one else until Paul Coffey,
But Defensively, He was *** N O *** Denis Potvin, who was the Top Defensive Defenseman of all time, and still scored 310 Goals and 1074 Points... Not too shabby, EH???
And when I told Larry Robinson, that Denis and I ranked him # 2, Larry responded, " That is what I would expect Denis to say . " !!!!! Just too awesome, EH ???

P.S. --- I go back to a 6 team NHL.......

I am watching the Islanders - Canadians game at the Bell Centre in Montreal....

Kind of ironic, or fitting, that the Islanders are playing tonight in Mike Bossy's hometown --- and a large part of Bossy's family is there....
A tremendous pre - anthem tribute which left players on both teams a little misty eyed (me, too, I will admit...)

Bryan Trottier called in to the pre game --- and spent some time this week with Mike and his wife Lucy -- his comments were clearly touching -- and powerful to remember his legacy and let it be known that they were best friends to the end.....

What a line --- Trots, BOSSY, and "Jethro " / Clarkie....
Anyone care to mention any line in Hockey History, that was almost their equal ???

They are still probably the Best Line Ever.... or
The Crazy Eights...or....
The line with one of my favorite Flyers ever....
Vermont Catamount's Greatest ** John LeClair **

I don't hate the Flyers as much as I HATE the rangers....
I started the famous " 1940 " chant to stick it up the rangers' fans tushies......

Plus, I Love LAUREN HART.... ( And, I know who her Daddy is !!!)

Auto Transport Service
Back