• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milling piston dome?

i’ll do just that! they look a lot like diamonds
but ill make some calls to a few of em.
i’ve looked in the pin pocket but don’t see anything. I’ll pull the pin for a closer look

Last edited:
He stated that he has no specs on the pistons, he doesn't know who made them.
Most have part numbers and brand somewhere on them, I know the ones I've seen do.

i’ll do just that! they look a lot like diamonds
but ill makes some calls to a few of em.
i’ve looked in the pin pocket but don’t see anything. I’ll pull the pin for a closer look
Diamonds will have a job number on them. Call Diamond and they’ll have the info.

Hi Beekepper,.....You better read the Eldebrock Install instructions first, as most if not All their Replacement Hemi heads have a Non-Stock valve size & Exhaust valve Location Angle that's Not compatible with some pistons...Also, measure your max dome height above block deck & eyeball your piston Deck height ..You deff need the 1" down dome volume measure for C/R compute. That piston can eyeball Look much higher C/R than it actually measures...What C/R you bring for ?........tom.

Hi Beekepper,.....You better read the Eldebrock Install instructions first, as most if not All their Replacement Hemi heads have a Non-Stock valve size & Exhaust valve Location Angle that's Not compatible with some pistons...Also, measure your max dome height above block deck & eyeball your piston Deck height ..You deff need the 1" down dome volume measure for C/R compute. That piston can eyeball Look much higher C/R than it actually measures...What C/R you bring for ?........tom.

I’m not sure what compression I could get by with on 93 pump with a hemi. Was thinking
10.5 to 1 but would go higher if I can get away with it. I know some of it depends on the lobe separation of the camshaft. Thanks for the heads up on the eldelbrock differences I’ve been looking at these.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61175
Also these as well
https://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P5153875/10002/-1

I’m not sure what compression I could get by with on 93 pump with a hemi. Was thinking
10.5 to 1 but would go higher if I can get away with it. I know some of it depends on the lobe separation of the camshaft. Thanks for the heads up on the eldelbrock differences I’ve been looking at these.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-61175
Also these as well
https://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar-Performance/312/P5153875/10002/-1
I’ve run as high as 12:1 static but it depends on the intake closing point and a host of other factors. You should probably figure out what you have (And what you want to do with it) before selecting heads.

I’ve run as high as 12:1 static but it depends on the intake closing point and a host of other factors. You should probably figure out what you have (And what you want to do with it) before selecting heads.

For sure! I should know some piston info
in a day or so when i get back in the shop

I did contact Ross but they didn’t have any info for the part/job number so on to diamond

The Eldys have obvious Larger Intake valve & modified Exhaust valve Location/Angle specs that Might require your piston dome rework....The MP should be an easier bolt-on install, but you should re-check all piston to everything clearances for sure. Safe 10.5 kinda affected by dome to head quench clearance with less better, huge bad but .040 too tight ! If quench ok but need less C/R, waste CC's by plunge cut deeper valve reliefs with closest valve to piston > .070" ...have a good build & share the experience with us.....tom.

I read on Hughes Engines and Edelbrock install instructions if your block bore is uder 4.375" you may need to eyebrow intake side of bores. Do some research on that. Jegs around holidays has $100 off on orders over $1000. You could get a deal then, may have to do 2 purchases to get $200 off. Last year 2 heads with valves was $2200 plus state taxes. Would need springs and cups, retainers any chrome moly locks. That I would buy to match cam. JMO.

There are plenty of spots to take off material besides the top. Valve pockets, side radius, look inside to see the thickest place to remove meat.

I CC’d the dome today and from my calculations I come up with a 100 CC dome

I tried them yesterday but no answer will try Monday. I really do believe that’s who made them

Not yet I will pull the No 1 main cap and get the info. I can’t see all of the part number
what I can see is 440425022 but can’t see the last two digits

Auto Transport Service
Back