• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milodon Swinging Pickup ?

swinging pickup hits the trap door, only swings 25% one way, towards the door,other way is fine.
my concern is swinging pickup gets caught under door when its on decal and getting jammed permanently in that position,defeating the purpose.

May I suggest... Before you put it back on, I'd put some oil {something viscous to simulate what it's like on the track with braking & acceleration in it} & slosh it back & forth see if the trap door works properly 1st, make sure the pick up doesn't get hung up or keep the door from working properly 1st & foremost... if if does get in the way maybe even weld in a mechanical stop, so the swinging pick up cant even get that close, to the baffles trap door operating... I have a sneaky feeling/suspicion that metal pick-up will move faster than the oil & trap door does, because of it's weight/physics, I could be wrong thou... It looks really nice other than that, that would be my only thoughts/ideas... good luck either way

May I suggest... Before you put it back on, I'd put some oil {something viscous to simulate what it's like on the track with braking & acceleration in it} & slosh it back & forth see if the trap door works properly 1st, make sure the pick up doesn't get hung up or keep the door from working properly 1st & foremost... if if does get in the way maybe even weld in a mechanical stop, so the swinging pick up cant even get that close, to the baffles trap door operating... I have a sneaky feeling/suspicion that metal pick-up will move faster than the oil & trap door does, because of it's weight/physics, I could be wrong thou... It looks really nice other than that, that would be my only thoughts/ideas... good luck either way

i sent it back for him to make me a new one. that trap door needed to be moved 4"+ inches forward of where its at. no way was i taking a chance with the pickup getting lodged under the trap door.

Auto Transport Service
Back