• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milwaukee M12 band file

hqtrqd68

Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this awesome spot weld remover tool. It's called the M12 milwaukee band file 1/2" x 18". It works so much better than a spot weld driller. I've used it for more than just spot welds. It can get in the hard to reach places the you inevitably need to grind. The only draw back was it comes as tool only for about $250.00. I bought a 5ah battery for $150.00. If you already have m12 tools It's great but it's my 1st one.
I went to my local federated auto parts and bought the belts for it. I got all 3 grits 36,60,80. 3m makes them under the cubitron name. I think it was about $40.00 each box.

20230911_175550.jpg

20230911_175542.jpg

20230911_175536.jpg

20230911_175522.jpg

I have the lesser model Ryobi version. It was one of those Homeless Depot's Ryobi promotions where you buy a battery 2-fer for $99 and get a free tool. I have yet to try the tool. Thanks for the review BTW.

I just wanted to share this awesome spot weld remover tool. It's called the M12 milwaukee band file 1/2" x 18". It works so much better than a spot weld driller. I've used it for more than just spot welds. It can get in the hard to reach places the you inevitably need to grind. The only draw back was it comes as tool only for about $250.00. I bought a 5ah battery for $150.00. If you already have m12 tools It's great but it's my 1st one.
I went to my local federated auto parts and bought the belts for it. I got all 3 grits 36,60,80. 3m makes them under the cubitron name. I think it was about $40.00 each box.

View attachment 1523775

View attachment 1523776

View attachment 1523777

View attachment 1523778
Cool tool....I've been thinking of buying the Makita version of that.....I'm a Makita guy.

Not even going to start on what I think about Ryobi tools....maybe they're different in USA.

Ryobi is a mixed bag... Some of their 18V stuff is pretty good and unique/exclusive to them like power scrubbers, submersible pumps, etc and the price is mostly fair. On the flip side, I recently bought their 18V cordless grass shears (they have at least two versions, I have both as one can be used with a caddy), those SUCK - way underpowered. The 40V stuff is better. I have one of their 40V power inverters, that is pretty cool. I used it with a 120V submersible pump to drain off excessive rain water from my pool. Inverter did pretty good for 20-30 minutes.

I prefer Milwaukee but price vs use doesn't justify the purchase for me. And sometimes, there is no Milwaukee alternative. DeWalt is ok too IMHO. But now I am up to 4 battery platforms...

Have a bunch of Milwaukee tools and getting a power paddle attachment next for cleaning snow off the concrete parts of the driveway. Been happy with them; string trimmer sure doesn't seem to last as long as I think it should. Rapid charge is handy. Used the chain saw quite a bit and did the job for some sizeable branches/logs. My daughter bought a whole bunch of Ryobi tools for her home improvement projects as she got a nice deal on them. Using them several times now, they seem good enough; but there just a couple months old.

Please provide a review of that power paddle. IMHO, cordless snow removal tools (even the 40V ones) are under-powered... I'll be curious how that works in a Wisconsin winter. Apologies if we are now off-topic.

I've got one of those in an air powered version. Very handy tool.

Auto Transport Service
Back