• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MLB in full swing and heading down the stretch - any other Baseball fans out there ?

Best play of the season so far... Rays pull off hidden-ball trick on Dodgers' Uribe

[video=youtube;qfAFLRv7ZEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAFLRv7ZEs[/video]

I'm a Royals fan...yes I admit to it too. :) I've always been a Royals fan, whether they win or lose. We've had a lot more to cheer for this year. We've hit a slump the last week and a half. I think we are going to improve over the next couple years.

Go Braves!!!!!!

Well it worked tonight and you guys took one. Good job for your boys.

- - - Updated - - -

Best play of the season so far... Rays pull off hidden-ball trick on Dodgers' Uribe

[video=youtube;qfAFLRv7ZEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfAFLRv7ZEs[/video]

That was funny and a good play. They must have had that one in the works LOL

Detroit Tiger fan here. I've watched and listened to more games in the last 2 years than I ever have. I really like listening to the games on the radio more than watching it sometimes.

It's been a great time to be a Tigers fan over the last several years and this one is no exception. Miguel Cabrarah & Max Sherzer are both doing things that only a very small handful have been able to accomplish and are both on track to set MLB records this season. The whole team is contributing and they are lead by the best manager in baseball.
Go Tigers!

Great to see your post Matt and I hope you are caught up with work. Have you had time to enjoy that big silver beauty of yours? Hopefully it's purring for you so you can enjoy it the rest of this awesome summer!

Not really, haven't had time to address the rear main leak, hopefully this week. I did have it out on Woodward one night before the cruise but just drove it less then a mile and parked it to watch the action with some friends and then drove it straight back to the shop. Summer has been really busy and I've been driving the hell out of my convertible but I'm anxious to put some miles on the Imp this season. Hope to fix the leak this week or next. How you doing? Haven't seen you over at FCBO lately.

Oh yeah, in an effort to stay on topic, the Tigers swept the Mets this weekend and Miggy sent #42 on its way...

I don't follow baseball any longer, but used to be a big fan. I do watch girls softball sometimes on tv, boy those girls are wicked. Have always been an Orioles fan and still keep up as to how they are doing. Got to go to a World Series game in Baltimore in 1970 against the Reds and had a great time watching them win. That was in the days of Brookes and Frank, 20 game winners and the 3 run homer, Earl Weaver was the best.

It's nice to have a competitive team here in D.C. again after a lot of losing years. Go Nats!!!

I have been pulling for the nats for last 3 or 4 years as they been improving, except when we're playing them of course :). it's great to see the team and fan base making a rebound.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't follow baseball any longer, but used to be a big fan. I do watch girls softball sometimes on tv, boy those girls are wicked. Have always been an Orioles fan and still keep up as to how they are doing. Got to go to a World Series game in Baltimore in 1970 against the Reds and had a great time watching them win. That was in the days of Brookes and Frank, 20 game winners and the 3 run homer, Earl Weaver was the best.

Cool story redbee and yeah those Baltimore teams had some greats esp Brooks and Frank. Not as familiar with Earl as a player. I think it's great they are having some success again. I played fantasy baseball the last two years, but not this year and i had several orioles on my team both years .. nice young talent. Also Koji !! who they traded.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really, haven't had time to address the rear main leak, hopefully this week. I did have it out on Woodward one night before the cruise but just drove it less then a mile and parked it to watch the action with some friends and then drove it straight back to the shop. Summer has been really busy and I've been driving the hell out of my convertible but I'm anxious to put some miles on the Imp this season. Hope to fix the leak this week or next. How you doing? Haven't seen you over at FCBO lately.

Oh yeah, in an effort to stay on topic, the Tigers swept the Mets this weekend and Miggy sent #42 on its way...

Thanks for the update on the Imp Matt. Glad you got it out for a spin and let some other folks enjoy looking at it for a while. That is one beautiful car. Been busy working on the car so I've been fairly focused on that and baseball. Good for the Tigers .. old Mets Cards rivalry and all :)

- - - Updated - - -

I just got home from the Cards Reds game with my daughter who was helping me clean all the parts this weekend. She has been to several games of the last few years but this was our first game this year and it was just me and her. We had a blast and just a great time with at the game and with each other. The Cards came from behind on Matt Holidays blast into the 3rd deck to bring us close and then Allen Craig's grand slam later to give us the lead !!! a rare come from behind to win this year so ... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! GO CARDS !!! Great game and a great time.

Well the Reds avoided the sweep with a 10-0 victory over the birds on the bat. I was really impressed with how our young bullpen, with an especially fine performance by Michael Wacha, held up though after the 9 runs allowed by Waino in the first two innings. We'll see you guys soon over in Cinci. Now off to visit the Bucco's

With so much PED's the game has lost its luster for me

With so much PED's the game has lost its luster for me

Exactly the way I feel about it. The Barry Bonds saga was bad enough but the latest adventures of ARod (or AFraud or ARoid or whatever) Have killed any interest I ever had in MLB. It's ridiculous that he gets busted red handed and continues to play while he goes through this appeals process. If Pete Rose got a lifetime ban for betting on games shouldn't ARod's punishment be at least that severe? Instead, they just buy him a bigger hat and let him play. It's a terrible example to set for someone that's supposed to be a role model. JMHFO

Well... this is a thread to praise baseball so enough about the PED's... I was a called a Debbie Downer because I commented. I do like the hidden ball trick though... that's was awesome. base-coach blew that one.. Hooray beer !

Diamondbacks fan. Been to several games this year and watch or listen to most all of them. Not looking good for October though.

Well the Reds avoided the sweep with a 10-0 victory over the birds on the bat. I was really impressed with how our young bullpen, with an especially fine performance by Michael Wacha, held up though after the 9 runs allowed by Waino in the first two innings. We'll see you guys soon over in Cinci. Now off to visit the Bucco's
It was a bit of redemption for us to pull off a rout to avoid the sweep. The Cards will be there in the end for sure.

That's cool .. so suck it Arte :)[h=3][/h]

- - - Updated - - -

It was a bit of redemption for us to pull off a rout to avoid the sweep. The Cards will be there in the end for sure.

It was and I don't begrudge you guys your win. The Reds have played very good ball the last few years and deserve some joy. It's actually anybody's guess who will win the division it's close between the Cards, Buccos, and Reds this season. The next 10 days will be interesting for me anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Diamondbacks fan. Been to several games this year and watch or listen to most all of them. Not looking good for October though.

There are up years and down years brother and you still have this guy at the helm right?

[video=youtube;U157X0jy5iw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U157X0jy5iw[/video]

Auto Transport Service
Back