• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MLB in full swing and heading down the stretch - any other Baseball fans out there ?

With so much PED's the game has lost its luster for me
They are the minority. The well performing, but still the minority. Dont let it cloud a good sport. I gotta say, 10 years ago I would have said MLB is boring. And yes it is in some respects. College ball is much more exiting. But maybe as I get older, I appreciate the hold onto tradition that MLB has. Some things dont make sense, but that is the game. No replays, sometimes mistakes are made. They suck, but that is the game. I dont want replays.

Welp the Buccos just handed the Cards their hats this series but we managed to pull out a game with Joe Kelly on the mound thank goodness. Good result for you Pirates fans out there.

Back in a 1st place tie with Pittsburg who's going to Milwaukee. Go Brewers and GO CARDS !!

How are the rest of you MLB fans faring out there with your teams and division races and what are your thoughts?

Though they can be incredibly frustrating,I have been a virtual lifelong DETROIT TIGERS fan. OK;since about 6-7 years old,when I started to gain an interest in the game and participated in it. Even have my name on a "Most Improved Player,5th-6th Grade" trophy from my grade school. I also acquired the trophy when the school closed for good. So,I've been a fan of the game for quite a while.

Is this our year? I'd like to think so,but I see the occasional lapses that remind me that the Tigers are capable of playing "Lions baseball" with no problem. The Michigan crew here needs no explanation of that term. We have seen,experienced and understand.

Kinda have two teams....Boston and Houston. Haven't been watching either one very much this year tho. Fan of Boston because I grew up in Taunton until I was 12 then moved to the Houston area in 63 and went to a Colt 45's game at the old stadium in 65 when the Dome was being built. You had a decent view of the construction from the old Colt 45 stadium and boy, was it hot out there! I just hope the Astros have a better season next year....

Jeff Luhnow (GM) is a very smart man and if allowed to rework the Astro's farm and have enough money to actually pay/keep the future stars their system will produce they will definitely continue to improve. BTW we had Berkman in 2011/2012 and he is an awesome dude. I loved hearing his interviews and comments.

How about those RedSox!

Yankess with their tail between their legs!

Today's game should be interesting.

Big Papi on 2000... Awesome!
[video=youtube;kFSCWIwwQC0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFSCWIwwQC0[/video]

Giants torture out here. Lifelong SF Giants fan. Really exciting seeing them win two of the last three World Series and went to a playoff game each of those seasons. Was in the back of the stadium by McCovey cove when they lost in 2002. Each pitch was monumental at the playoff games and had the whole crowd into it. Nothing better in the summer than watching a Giants game at the stadium with friends and sucking down some cold beers. Tough season this year for us with all of the injuries. It got so bad two months go that I told a buddy - ok if manager Bruce Bochy pulls a hamstring on the way out to the mound on a pitcher switch, then we know for sure this season ain't in the cards!

I'm a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and despite the recent problems with our starters I'm confident we'll be going to the World Series.

Go Cards ! Hoping we do well against the Brewers this series, too bad they are not starting Lohse reportedly. I'm sure there are a few Cheeseheads that are fans on here. Good luck guys.

The Tabby's have been looking "winded" lately. Won 3 in the last nine. Justin may still find his groove soon, I hope. Miggy has some nagging injuries. Time to start looking at the depth of the team, not the stars.

Welp the Brew Crew avoided the sweep against the Cards and the Buccos won .. against the cubs. Cards/Pirates tied for first place. Good job Buccos fans. It was still a very enjoyable evening out with the family though.

Damn the Cards lost a marathon game today against the purple meanies but good news for Redbirds fans .. Reds and Pirates have 6 games against each other for the last ~ 9 games of the regular season.

Go Reds and Go Pirates! I wish you an even share of wins :)

I'm a lifelong Pittsburgh Pirates fan, and despite the recent problems with our starters I'm confident we'll be going to the World Series.
Good luck with that one! If I were a gambler, my money would be on St Louis even though I'm a Red's fan.

Cards magic number is at 1 to win the division and currently 1/2 game ahead of the Braves for 1st in the National League which determines playoff berth

Auto Transport Service
Back