• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Bullitt build

Very nice once again! Love the creativity.

Unreal!I'm not a fan of those hubcaps,but those rims are awesome!This is one incredible build.I look everyday to see updates.

I finally figured out my vibration issue and now need to raise my driveshaft tunnel as well so hope you don't mind if I borrow your trick haha. Less, fab work, welding, etc so I'm going to give it a whirl.

I finally figured out my vibration issue and now need to raise my driveshaft tunnel as well so hope you don't mind if I borrow your trick haha. Less, fab work, welding, etc so I'm going to give it a whirl.

Give it a whirl! Let me know if I can help in any way! I was checking your build thread, how much lower is the lowest point on your T56 in relationship to the bottom of the frame. I'm about 3/8 lower then the frame.
Thanks
Pat

I'll check tonight but it's tucked in there pretty tight, I know you can't see the tranny past the 3" exhaust. Plan on cutting the tunnel tonight and getting it opened up and probably should mention that the vibration was from incorrect angles, once I tilted the pinion to match the tranny everything cleared up but now need more room for the shaft.

Okay I read through most of this, I love the wheels.. Where and approx cost?

Okay I read through most of this, I love the wheels.. Where and approx cost?

Are you sitting down?

$8,600 for the set

- - - Updated - - -

This is the shifter that came with the T56 and I would liketo find an original 1968 T handle shifter that I can modified the T handle totrigger a relay for the reverse lockout on the new trans. If anyone has one orknows where to get one please let me know. I’ll check at Carlisle in a fewweeks.
Thanks
Pat

IMG_7259_zpswdychguw.jpg

IMG_7263_zpstfsc8kur.jpg

IMG_7268_zpskxcspij7.jpg

Any chance you mean one of these Tee Handles?

084.jpg

If you saw what 747Mopar did I plan to do the same wiring in the reverse lockout to the brake light. (only going into reverse when brakes applied)

Just out of curiosity did you fab that cross member yourself or have it done? Is it something that could be done again for a cost?

No not the shifter knob. On the original 1968 non console shifter as used on the Bullitt Charger it had a round brown knob with "t" trigger 1" below that open a gate to reverse by a cable inside the shifter. Similar to a lot of older Corvettes. I think it would be cool to set it up to have the cable trigger a relay for the reverse lockout on the T56. The brake peddle as set up by 747 mopar is my plan #2 if the I can't find and make the t shifter work.

As for the cross member I had a friend do the aluminum welding. Hard to mass-produce as it would be best to make it to fit the car. Not a one size fits all, especially if you have the original torsion bars setup. I can supply you a paper template of what I made that you can check with you crossmember?
thanks
Pat

Test fit the hood today to check the clearance for the aircleaner and was happy to see there is 2 ½” at the front throttlebody and 3 ½” atthe rear throttlebody. My earlier estimates were at about 2 3/8” and where an 1/8”more may not sound like much, it is a lot! Before ordering the modern-man Indy intake Icould not find any info on the hood clearance other than the folks at Indysaying it will fit. Not sure it if would be the same with the stock K member?
Thanks
Pat

IMG_7275_zpsr0vsdg1v.jpg

IMG_7280_zpsteom0xfe.jpg

Today I started fitting the backseat to see what modificationswould be needed to fit the min-tubs. Both inter wheel wells have been movedinboard about 2 ½” each. After the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] test fit I was pleasantlysurprised to find very little modifications would be required, and mostimportantly the stock seat cover could be used!

IMG_7283_zpsnsctftjj.jpg

IMG_7286_zpstsjiu91g.jpg

The seat needed no modification as the seat frame clearedthe wheel well.

IMG_7307_zpshncqdabw.jpg

IMG_7308_zps8k4vmcjx.jpg

The two tabs at the bottom of each wheel well needed to bemoved to their original location. The tabs hold the seat back down.

IMG_7289_zpssz3nkbzw.jpg

IMG_7288_zpsk0iwuelc.jpg

These two metal rods need to be moved in about 1 ½” on eachside to clear the wheel well.

IMG_7295_zpsvrmppxsc.jpg

Here you can see the 2 rods moved and the original rod toshow the difference.

IMG_7304_zpsuzgjxyju.jpg

Fits great just need new black seat covers.
Thanks
Pat

As always, this is a very cool thread to watch.

By the way, I like the style of the seat covers. Any thoughts to using the same style? If so, obviously the primary color would be black, but maybe silver as the insert color? Or maybe something much more subtle like a charcoal?

As always, this is a very cool thread to watch.

By the way, I like the style of the seat covers. Any thoughts to using the same style? If so, obviously the primary color would be black, but maybe silver as the insert color? Or maybe something much more subtle like a charcoal?

I would like to match the Bullitt movie car interior and I think it's all black but I need to confirm. I thought I saw pictures of the camera Charger from the movie and it had silver pleats???

thank You!
Pat

By the way, when you get this car done, you will need to find a guy with a Bullitt Mustang for a photo shoot. Only this time, I think the Mustang will lose (and during the chase, you won't lose any hubcaps)!

By the way, when you get this car done, you will need to find a guy with a Bullitt Mustang for a photo shoot. Only this time, I think the Mustang will lose (and during the chase, you won't lose any hubcaps)!

Like this one I built with my son ;-)
Thank you!
Pat

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a link to my sons bullitt mustang build
thanks
pat

http://www.imboc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184589

Spent some time checking out the thread. Very, very cool, and a great bonding experience with your son! I gave my son the first car I ever owned, which was my 73 Road Runner. Like your son's Mustang, it went to school every day and is a daily driver. Yes, it gets a door ding or two, but that is how you develop a real love and relationship with the car!

When the Charger is done I am sure there will be some great father & son car shows to attend!

Spent some time checking out the thread. Very, very cool, and a great bonding experience with your son! I gave my son the first car I ever owned, which was my 73 Road Runner. Like your son's Mustang, it went to school every day and is a daily driver. Yes, it gets a door ding or two, but that is how you develop a real love and relationship with the car!

When the Charger is done I am sure there will be some great father & son car shows to attend!

That is so cool your son has your 1st car!! Congrat for not selling it years ago like I did. I would love to have my 1st car back (66 GTO) As for when the charger is done we are planing a cross county road trip maybe to SF??
thank you!
Pat

Give it a whirl! Let me know if I can help in any way! I was checking your build thread, how much lower is the lowest point on your T56 in relationship to the bottom of the frame. I'm about 3/8 lower then the frame.
Thanks
Pat

I posted a pic on my thread but I'm about the same, maybe 1/2" at the lowest. Mines mounted higher than the original 727 was but I think my whole problem was the leaves all along. I bought them from Just Suspension and right off the bat one side was an inch higher so it would surprise me that the arch was wrong holding the pinion angle low. I had them all straightened out and with the pinion angke now matching the tranny (3 degrees up ) everything is goid to go now. Can't remember if your lowering yours but with a 2" drop I had to make quite a bit more room for the shaft.

I was hoping to try your idea of just cutting the one side but go figure where I had to modify the tunnel it's square on top so I had to cut both sides to keep it square.

Congrats on the seat fitment! Looking awesome as usual. Hopefully I'll get to see this one in person some day, keep after it.

I posted a pic on my thread but I'm about the same, maybe 1/2" at the lowest. Mines mounted higher than the original 727 was but I think my whole problem was the leaves all along. I bought them from Just Suspension and right off the bat one side was an inch higher so it would surprise me that the arch was wrong holding the pinion angle low. I had them all straightened out and with the pinion angke now matching the tranny (3 degrees up ) everything is goid to go now. Can't remember if your lowering yours but with a 2" drop I had to make quite a bit more room for the shaft.

I was hoping to try your idea of just cutting the one side but go figure where I had to modify the tunnel it's square on top so I had to cut both sides to keep it square.

Congrats on the seat fitment! Looking awesome as usual. Hopefully I'll get to see this one in person some day, keep after it.

I sound like you got your problem worked out. I checked my trans angle and it is 1.3 degrees down and I will set the rear pinion to 1.3 degrees up. With the 4 link it is easy to adjust.
Thank You!

Pat

Auto Transport Service
Back