• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern movies and why they are often so terrible.

Works for me. Usually the people who don't like him are pro-woke, but AFAIK you don't swing that way.

I'm watching the original Red Dawn, I feel like I've never seen it before even though I have a lot. I watched the remake and I think it wiped the original from my memory. I'm starting it over and going to watch it again. I often multitask and watch movies and search here.

Screenshot_20240104_102225.jpeg

They are purposefully destroying the company.

Oh my. Let’s see more 100lb females easily beating the crap out of chiseled 210lb males, breaking out of head-locks and throwing them across the room through concrete block walls. I’ll watch the bachelorette first..

Oh my. Let’s see more 100lb females easily beating the crap out of chiseled 210lb males, breaking out of head-locks and throwing them across the room through concrete block walls. I’ll watch the bachelorette first..
Stepping back in the way back machine, makes me recall a story from my high school days. Loud mouth from my class, with a ‘68 Camaro with a 327 and a 3 speed ran against what was formerly Bill Clark’s (original owner of my GTX) A12 Road Runner. Got his *** kicked. Surprise.

Real life result of guys over playing their hands - he and his brother both got killed street racing. When I see ridiculous outcomes in movies, I can’t help going back to that reference point.

I haven't read anywhere here anybody complaining that **** is also unrealistic.
People, they are just movies, fantasy, everyone has their own, you don't have like mine, and I don't have to like yours.
Stick to ones you like and everyone else can do the same and find their own herd to hang with.
This is not the end of civilization.

When I see ridiculous outcomes in movies, I can’t help going back to that reference point.
I lost a few friends back when as well. When I reflect on some of the chit I did – I find it hard to believe. It was just more good luck than skill, surviving.

**** is unrealistic?
You mean not every guy can knock his knee?

I lost a few friends back when as well. When I reflect on some of the chit I did – I find it hard to believe. It was just more good luck than skill, surviving.
I’ve posted earlier about a quote from one of my fellow travelers in my trucking days. In the days before crumple zones, seat belts, and air bags, “guys who drove like hell and lived became great truck drivers. The others didn’t.” Good luck enabled skill building.

Stick to ones you like and everyone else can do the same and find their own herd to hang with.
Point is? Simply tossing out MY opinion about a post. Yep, no doubt others have their own – opinions. Some like to watch ‘reality’ tv shows I find tripping my gag reflex. Did I break any rules sharing – my opinions or knocking on anyone having theirs?

Point is? Simply tossing out MY opinion about a post. Yep, no doubt others have their own – opinions. Some like to watch ‘reality’ tv shows I find tripping my gag reflex. Did I break any rules sharing – my opinions or knocking on anyone having theirs?
Absolutely not, just not a topic that everyone will ever agree with and that should be well understood and is way down the list of pressing topics IMO, but I guess it needs refreshing every so often.

No, there has been a trend to shift away from traditional strong male roles to strong female leads and other "diverse" stuff that many don't care to see.
THAT hasn't always been a part of Hollywood. THAT is recent.
Anyone that finds this topic pointless is free to scroll on by.

No, there has been a trend to shift away from traditional strong male roles to strong female leads and other "diverse" stuff that many don't care to see.
THAT hasn't always been a part of Hollywood. THAT is recent.
Anyone that finds this topic pointless is free to scroll on by.
In my travels, I’ve crossed paths with some really bad *** (lawyers and executive) women who were also drop dead gorgeous. I think their real life exploits are trivialized somewhat by current movies.

Absolutely not, just not a topic that everyone will ever agree with and that should be well understood and is way down the list of pressing topics IMO, but I guess it needs refreshing every so often.
I’m not intending to offend anyone; but posts share opinions on one topic or another; there are comments I hear on occasion that forever stick in my head. I recall Clint Eastwood in one of his flicks saying – opinions are like ********, everyone has one. Lol, how can I debate it? I have an asshole, just like everyone else does.

Auto Transport Service
Back