• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern seats

You guys have done some nice work with some of your custom seats. I had custom covers made for my Kirley aluminum racing seats. Surprisingly, they are quite comfortable even on street driving trips. Still have the rear seat even with the cage going through the rear seat bottom.

IMG_8671.jpg IMG_54301.jpg IMG_54311.jpg IMG_54331.jpg

1172741-f07dec14deced9dadf0ebf91c234f5bf.jpg

Ice Chest safety...
I like the way you think!
That is an extensive cage you have there! Are you going that fast? Was that design required? I think it's great, but I don't know much about the requirements, and I hope to need a 10 second cage by 2023.

Ice chest is for my Cool Shirt fire suit for the track and used for water, pop, beer for the cruise nights and car shows. Cage/car is certed for 7:50's. Yes, it's needed.

IMG_8666.jpg IMG_8664.jpg

ProCal/Scat Elite-1100
sorry shitty photo

68 RR Decore (former) Bench seat interior
I like the buckets way better
bolsters hold me in the seat far better
especially driving in the curvey/windy roads up here

IMO looks better too

View attachment 1057157

I went with these because they were lower seating than others
nice sort of vintage look, with adj. backs & headrests
I have a tall torso, it works well

View attachment 1057158

View attachment 1057159
Do these have the lumbar adjusters as well? How do you like the seats a year down the road?

Do these have the lumbar adjusters as well? How do you like the seats a year down the road?
No lumbar supports, adjt. backs, headrest (up & down)
& bases with the slides

back when I bought them it was about $750-ish total
for adj. bases/slides
& 2 drivers side & passenger side seats
to get anything with more options was double that price
& not something I liked or was too contemporary-looking/ugly
for my tastes

I've had them near or 10 years or so now

a lot better the org. bench seat for driving on windy *** roads
up here in the mountains

I like them for the lil' lower seat height too
a lot more head rooms, I have a tall torso

a lot better the org. bench seat for driving on windy *** roads up here in the mountains
I like them for the lil' lower seat height too, a lot more head rooms, I have a tall torso
All of that x 2 (except for the mountains) :)

I finally got my SRT seats mounted. I had to fabricate custom mounting brackets but the best part about these is the two front bolts lined up with the factory mounting holes in the car. Just need to run a power lead to power the seats.
E79A2CBC-A695-46CD-B0EE-EC5A90B46AB1.jpeg
E28BCCCF-7BFF-400B-B2C3-0B939E936E35.jpeg
B02E04E0-41DE-45AB-B7A8-A27786A56CD7.jpeg
C943F843-B212-412A-91F3-3C638CDF8309.jpeg
8567256C-4C72-4D8D-855C-75D666D2E9F8.jpeg

I would love to post photos of my ProCar Rally XLs in my '69 but I am STILL waiting for them to arrive since ordering las November!
I even stopped by SCAT last week in Redondo Beach and they said that they are "stuck in the port" after two promised delivery dates have already passed.
:bs_flag:

Seats out of a Chrysler 300.
Electric movement with heaters. The heaters on these need some sort of control module which I don't have so not hooked up

20220525_210223.jpg

I even stopped by SCAT last week in Redondo Beach and they said that they are "stuck in the port" after two promised delivery dates have already passed
I don't have any "dog in the hunt" but I understand how much worse it makes the wait seem when a source of a product or service gives you a delivery date(s) or sets an appointment, and then misses those. In some cases, their promise to deliver meant I passed up a definite delivery date from another source that may have been later than those who reneged, but because of the missed "A" promised sooner than "B" scenario, at least B actually had it, so that just compounds the frustration.
Having said all that, SCAT may be telling you the 100% truth, but they were basing their ETA on what they were told.
I get to where I don't offer an estimated "repair completed" date, unless I have an actual tracking number AND the item(s) are already moving forward to me through the delivery hub chain.

Seats out of a Chrysler 300.
Electric movement with heaters. The heaters on these need some sort of control module which I don't have so not hooked up

View attachment 1289674
Look nice. Can you let me know what the seat pan width is on your seats? When I was looking for seats for my '63 had issues with getting a seat wide enough.

Here is a set of Corbeau seats that I had recovered but the shape is unmodified.

90B5D1D4-423D-4F6B-B8CA-18CD7E4B1BE5.jpeg

My new but dirty buckets ex a 2000 Accord coupe in mock up stage for the RR. Full power, functional heater, lumbar (amen) etc. Been waiting 6 months for the matching vinyl upholstery though …

87AB068E-95FE-4282-901A-0AA1AE7CABE3.jpeg

Heated seats are nice but in my car with it's black interior and vinyl top it gets hot.
Looking for a set of ventilated or cooled seats. Anybody using a set and how do you control them without today's electronics (can/bus, etc)?

Look nice. Can you let me know what the seat pan width is on your seats? When I was looking for seats for my '63 had issues with getting a seat wide enough.

Here is a yard stick on the seat.

20220527_113631.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back