• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern seats

Here is a yard stick on the seat.

View attachment 1290405
Thanks much! The factory buckets in my '63 are 24". Those old seats are wide. Installed a console out of a 70's Lincoln; a Granada with lipstick on it, lol. The leather console with light bar I thought looked decent; but is kind of narrow that did fit with the wide seats. Would like to have modern seats...I had headrests put in needing the protection (partial neck fusion) after hunting for some time for modern seats.

I am going to try and use these in my 71 Charger project

1658939162861.png

Seats out of a Chrysler 300.
Electric movement with heaters. The heaters on these need some sort of control module which I don't have so not hooked up

View attachment 1289674
!!! I have a '67 as well. Did this take a lot of fabrication? Do you have pictures of what you did to fit these in? I'm thinking of ditching the short stock buckets for something like this.

I am going to try and use these in my 71 Charger project

View attachment 1319495
So I got these seats in (not in the car, just in my hands). They are narrower than the stock seats by a fair bit but are pretty comfortable to sit in. They are about the same height as the stock seats however. I am not sure if I am going to use them in the 71 or not, I will have to mock them up. I really like the look of the stock buckets but I want more bolster which I know I can do with new foam and upholstery. Long story short here, the Procar seats are definitely a viable option especially if you do not have a set of the stock buckets or do not want to spend the money to reupholster them. They will compliment most interiors and at a glance look almost stock.

I am going to mock up my PROCAR seats in the Charger when I get to that point, they definitely hug your body better than the factory ones.

These are from a 2013 Chrysler 200 convertible. Modified for stock head rests and reupholstered.

View attachment 1236872
View attachment 1236873
I have used Audi TT seats in many of my cars, the bolsters have plastic that match the seat color on the outside, top and bottom, to keep the bolsters from flattening out over time. Non electric seats, but they are hydraulic and have three inch up and down travel and the headrests are removeable. I will say I like these better, they match the car better and the shoulder harness is pretty slick!! Well done!!!
1666447330492.png

Last edited:
I have used Audi TT seats in many of my cars, the bolsters have plastic that match the seat color on the outside, top and bottom, to keep the bolsters from flattening out over time. Non electric seats, but they are hydraulic and have three inch up and down travel and the headrests are removeable. I will say I like these better, they match the car better and the shoulder harness is pretty slick!! Well done!!!
Thanks and those are very nice! I am an Audi fan myself.

Really want a B5 RS4 but of course they didn't bring the best over here.

I prefer the more rounded tops in my classic Mopars but those look pretty good.

I had 1 Audi, an A4 and learned my lesson.

Your seats are perfect in my opinion.
Thanks.....but the one issue I find is that the seats need to be pushed back to shut the doors - the side cushions hit the arm rests on the doors.
Apart from that, they recline & slide, unlike originals, and are very comfortable.

Really want a B5 RS4 but of course they didn't bring the best over here.
They had problems getting so many sweet cars to pass the mustard to enter this country. I had a friend who went to Europe on vacation and wanted to bring back a Mercedes to save a few bucks. It sat in their gray area ready to be shipped after the, a and b posts were beefed up, all the glass had to be changed out, air bags, emissions and gauges changed out. How much did he save, it sat there for 6 months and cost a few more than it would have cost to buy it here. It was one available here already!!!! LOL

I wanted some seats that somewhat looked similar to stock but had bolsters to keep my butt planted. They are reasonably comfortable but are firm. I am looking at options for my 71 Charger currently, I think I am going to use factory seats but have the foam redone to add more bolsters on the bottom and top/sides.
Legendary Interiors makes foam and covers to add side bolsters and keep the original pattern.

Legendary Interiors makes foam and covers to add side bolsters and keep the original pattern.
Yeah I have seen that and am thinking about going that route, problem is that legendary is like 42 weeks out on about everything these days.

Are the Audi TT shoulder belts integral with the seat? I have been looking for Sebring convertible seats with integral shoulder belt. Thanks

View attachment 1361794
what year TT? None of the seats I see on the used part registry look like that and I don't see an integrated seat belt.

Post them modern seat you've put in your ride.

We would love to see them!
I'm using a set of Toyota Solara power front buckets on my 68 RR build. They have moderate bolsters and the passenger goes forward when you put the seatback all the way up. I had mine upholstered in the white Pearl for my 68 RR project. They match the Legendary rear seat covers I found for the back as well as the front and rear door panels.

1968 Satellite Rear Bench Pearl Vinyl.png

20210426_195428.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back