• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern seats

Some may scoff at or dismiss the newer seats simply based on appearance.
I am generally not a fan of seats that look too out of place in a classic car but if you want to remain in place while cornering, you need modern styling with side bolstering.
My '70 Charger seats look great in design but lack side support that you get with modern seats.

View attachment 1576959

I went with Dodge Neon SRT 4 seats in 2015:

View attachment 1576960

Since my interior is a mix of black and charcoal, the SRT 4 seats were a close match.

View attachment 1576964
Same seats I have in my Cuda. I had mine upholstered to somewhat match the stock style upholstery.

I’d like to see a picture of the seats if you don’t mind.
I want to recover mine …maybe with horizontal ribs like the factory seats had.

I’d like to see a picture of the seats if you don’t mind.
I want to recover mine …maybe with horizontal ribs like the factory seats had.
I don’t know if you have seen mine. I went with the black legendary interior and they also sold me the black 70 Charger one year only material so I could custom make mine to look like a 70 design. Dual power seats with lumbar.

8C35782B-A569-481B-8A58-0444345B0437.jpeg

I'd love to have more sporty and comfy seats in my `cuda. I don't think I can justify the costs to make covers that appear as original, as possible.

cuda console finished 3.jpg

I don’t know if you have seen mine. I went with the black legendary interior and they also sold me the black 70 Charger one year only material so I could custom make mine to look like a 70 design. Dual power seats with lumbar.

View attachment 1579694
What car are those seats originally from?

Those look great.
Thanks! I just love the interior of a 70 Charger and I just couldn’t do a full custom interior but these seats are so damn comfortable. My upholstery guy also added extra padding of course to get the look of the originals which helped. I’m happy with my decision and going black.

A4EAFF52-9007-4386-84CE-6C666A2F747C.jpeg

I had the Procar seats for my 69 Cuda reupholstered to match the color and grain of the factory rear seat.

IMG_8113.jpeg

That looks great too.
I think it is great to blend the classic styling with the more comfortable, modern seats.

Legendary makes covers and foams that fit the factory frame that make them more supportive like modern seats, anyone try those? They are not cheap but I have no idea what the cost comparison is between using those or having custom work done.

Legendary makes covers and foams that fit the factory frame that make them more supportive like modern seats, anyone try those? They are not cheap but I have no idea what the cost comparison is between using those or having custom work done.
I have and will be using that foam on my 71 Charger. I have some 70 Challenger seats that I am using but the frames are the same I believe. I am using stock seat covers with the "enhanced" foam underneath them.

A cost comparison is going to depend greatly on who you want to do the custom work. I did some research to get some seats for my 73 Cuda custom upholstered and got estimates as high as $1K per seat. The legendary/Classic upholstery with foam and such is not cheap but it is not that expensive.

While we are on the is seat topic, one thing I do I haven't seen mentioned, I if possible do not mount my front seats in line. I don't care how odd it looks. I can't stand having a passenger in my peripheral vision blocking my view (especially if they are wearing a full face helmet on a track day), or having to waste time and asking them to lean back when pulling into traffic. It might make it tougher for a rare rear seat passenger to enter/exit, again I don't care. Only a few inches rearward improves the situation a lot, and improves F/R balance. :lol:

While we are on the is seat topic, one thing I do I haven't seen mentioned, I if possible do not mount my front seats in line. I don't care how odd it looks. I can't stand having a passenger in my peripheral vision blocking my view (especially if they are wearing a full face helmet on a track day), or having to waste time and asking them to lean back when pulling into traffic. It might make it tougher for a rare rear seat passenger to enter/exit, again I don't care. Only a few inches rearward improves the situation a lot, and improves F/R balance. :lol:
I used this for a few inches, forward or backward, on the bench seat on my coronet. I used it to moved my seat back, but on bucket seats, one could be forward and the other could be back. You get the idea.
Universal seat relocation brackets. | eBay

Auto Transport Service
Back