• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern seats

I'm using a set of Toyota Solara power front buckets on my 68 RR build. They have moderate bolsters and the passenger goes forward when you put the seatback all the way up. I had mine upholstered in the white Pearl for my 68 RR project. They match the Legendary rear seat covers I found for the back as well as the front and rear door panels.

View attachment 1364656

View attachment 1364658
those look REALLY good. Did you need to make custom floor brackets?

I am putting 2016 Challenger seats in my 63 Sport Fury. My floorpans are higher on one side so the seats won't sit flat. Are you guys making frames, shims or what to level the seat mounting??

Put some 2000 Honda Accord seats in my Runner- driver side full power, lumbar support etc. Very comfy with no more neck/back discomfort. I’m happy with them (my chiroproctor not so much…new seats are impacting his retirement plans).

3ECFD666-2CAF-4D4F-BC8B-3910AC9518D3.jpeg

7BF687DF-6706-4109-8DF7-E70A336A42BD.jpeg

Only took 6 months to get the material from the manufacturer.:)
Been asked by many people (even Mopar people) who think they are factory seats...:rolleyes:

Nice ideas here, makes me want to find something "modern" and supporting seats as well.
Anyone knows the dimensions of the B-body original frame bolt holes? (i've got a '69 Coronet)
I've seen some seats but wonder if can fabricate a bracket to install on the original frames and bolt a new seat on to without getting too high.

These seats are attractive, and offer better comfort and support. However, they offer no additional impact protection, since they don't have shoulder belts. The function of a seat belt is:
a. Keep your lethally traumatized body in the vehicle, so
b. The coroner's work is easier.
If going to all this trouble, GET SHOULDER BELTS!! A functioning shoulder belt prevents most upper body - and face - blunt trauma. The air bag really adds very little protection.I plan to install Sebring convertible seats in my 63 SF vert...with the integral shoulder harness.

i write this from my expertise in human impact tolerance; I worked in the USAF lab with the decel tracks, etc.

The function of a seat belt is:
:lol:
GET SHOULDER BELTS!! A functioning shoulder belt prevents most upper body - and face - blunt trauma.
AGREED!
Although I selected my Scat Procar seats because of their appearance and relatively low cost, I knew I'd want or need a 5 point harness in the future, and the bucket seats I got have slots for them to pass through.
20181002_115408.jpg
20181002_115630.jpg
c33f65d7-edaa-47ea-9f69-99ea188cd3f8.cc3c05bbc5fbbecd2e650ff150e5144c.jpeg

2003 Chrysler Sebring front seats, Chrysler 300 rears.. don't recall the year?

View attachment 1070545 View attachment 1070546
Sorry to bump an old thread, but these seats look killer. I’ve sourced some for my satellite. Did it take much modification on your application for the rears or did they fit pretty well? I’ll take measurements on my own of course,just curious how they went for yours.

These seats are attractive, and offer better comfort and support. However, they offer no additional impact protection, since they don't have shoulder belts. The function of a seat belt is:
If going to all this trouble, GET SHOULDER BELTS!! A functioning shoulder belt prevents most upper body - and face - blunt trauma. The air bag really adds very little protection.I plan to install Sebring convertible seats in my 63 SF vert...with the integral shoulder harness.
My satellite doesn’t have the upper mounting point for a shoulder belt and I’ve read that if you use a seat with a built in shoulder belt in lieu of this that the flooring needs extra reinforcement, otherwise it’s got more tendency to sheer the metal. So two part question….

Anyone got any luck adding an anchor point for a shoulder belt?

Is what I read about reinforcing the anchor points for the seat necessary with a built in shoulder strap?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but these seats look killer. I’ve sourced some for my satellite. Did it take much modification on your application for the rears or did they fit pretty well? I’ll take measurements on my own of course,just curious how they went for yours.
I'd love to tell you it was easy but it was anything but that lol. I made a custom lower and upper frame and remounted the foam and covers to them plus added a bit of foam to the bottom to widen it enough to fill in the sides. I'll look up where I posted it and provide a link.

Restomod charger pics

My satellite doesn’t have the upper mounting point for a shoulder belt and I’ve read that if you use a seat with a built in shoulder belt in lieu of this that the flooring needs extra reinforcement, otherwise it’s got more tendency to sheer the metal. So two part question….

Anyone got any luck adding an anchor point for a shoulder belt?

Is what I read about reinforcing the anchor points for the seat necessary with a built in shoulder strap
the issue with the mounting of a seat with an integral shoulder belt is the forces on the seat are large and become a 3ft? lever on the base mounting points, which wants to shove the front seat mount thru the floor downward and pull the rear mounts right up thru the floor or do both, remember those mounting points are trying to restrain the driver's weight, the weight of the seat, and a lot of that weight has a 3' lever arm helping it abuse the mounting points.
Make it strong.
If using an OEM roof mounted shoulder harness mount, any accident that deflects the roof inward, immediately loosens a 3 point seat belt, and you are free to go elsewhere.

^ Yes, when I added seats with integral belts to mine I tied the rear of the seat rails together with thick square tube then bolted that through the subframe connectors

Some may scoff at or dismiss the newer seats simply based on appearance.
I am generally not a fan of seats that look too out of place in a classic car but if you want to remain in place while cornering, you need modern styling with side bolstering.
My '70 Charger seats look great in design but lack side support that you get with modern seats.

00000026 (3).JPG

I went with Dodge Neon SRT 4 seats in 2015:

SRT 2A.JPG

Since my interior is a mix of black and charcoal, the SRT 4 seats were a close match.

SRT 1AA.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back