• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modtop charger?

I imagine a lot of these cars were ordered for the showroom to exhibit different options. Either the Dealer ordered them or the Factory just shipped them. Just like there were the Loss Leader cars that were advertised with rubber floor mats and everything deleted. Dodges were also called Floral not Mod.

I think the mod top stuff is best left for the bell bottomed hip-hugger
girls with a VW Beetle or Bus.

Gator grain? Maybe a distributor like Legendary Interiors will send you a small swatch / sample so you can evaluate it for the grain / texture and color. I've only seen pictures of the gator grain top. The color looked odd on my cellphone.

What color is the car? What is the top color?

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

I think the mod top stuff is best left for the bell bottomed hip-hugger
girls with a VW Beetle or Bus.

Gator grain? Maybe a distributor like Legendary Interiors will send you a small swatch / sample so you can evaluate it for the grain / texture and color. I've only seen pictures of the gator grain top. The color looked odd on my cellphone.

What color is the car? What is the top color?

Have a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year. light gold poly

Think the color is called light gold poly. Has a white interior. Nice condition on the paintjob but it kind of hides all the cool bodylines of a charger. I've seen the barracuda with the yellow/white flower pattern and it might suit this car.. I know that a black vinyltop would do wonders for this car.

I imagine a lot of these cars were ordered for the showroom to exhibit different options. Either the Dealer ordered them or the Factory just shipped them. Just like there were the Loss Leader cars that were advertised with rubber floor mats and everything deleted. Dodges were also called Floral not Mod.
I met the owner of one of the mod top Barracudas at the Chrysler Nationals a few years ago. I had just read a feature in the Wall Street Journal about a teenager who fell in love with the package when the dealer in her home town put one in the show room. I was amazed when she confirmed that the car was in fact the one described in the Journal, the same show room car. And she was that teenager, five decades later.

Last edited:
A guy I went to buy a 70 Charger fender from,had one of those yellow mod top Barracudas The floral pattern was also on the interior of the car as well. The car he had was in a storage container and needed a full restoration.

I love the mod the top! Another example of crazy Chrysler, well offer you a bad *** muscle car, with plenty of power to shred pavement, and just because we can, let’s throw a flower print top on it! :bananaweed: :lol:
1672010706282.jpeg

:poke:

The F6 green with the floral top is the only combo I can barely tolerate. The 70 Hemicuda mod top car was stolen from Steve Juliano and never recovered IIRC.

modtop-superbee-from-andy44.jpg

super-bee-modtop-from-Andy4.jpg

CIMG5160a.jpg

CIMG5188a.jpg

Only reason not to it would devalue the car. MO. It's a item few people would want now unless it was originally equipped with one.

Last edited:
The best I can remember about the mod tops is that they were usually put on valiants , dusters and Cudas'. I can't remember ever having had a true muscle car come through the shop with a mod top. I was at a small dealer ship in a small town in that era,,,,LK

Last month I ran across a car that gave me a flashback to the Mopar floral days!
:eek:

resizer (7)~2.jpeg

It is your car to do with as you wish.

Floral top = Dodge. Mod top = Plymouth.

Floral top 69 Dodge Coronet and Darts are rare ducks. Most people have no idea the option even existed. The code on the tag for the factory option is V1H. The current theory is the Super Bees were all Y16 (Sales Bank) pushed out to the dealers to promote the option. Only 26 Super Bees were produced with the Floral top.

If you want to spend an incredible amount of time at shows explaining what a Floral top is and why you have it installed on a Charger, go this route. The gator grain will get you less attention.

Just my .02. Have a Happy New Year!

D

Mod Top Production.JPG

It is your car to do with as you wish.

Floral top = Dodge. Mod top = Plymouth.

Floral top 69 Dodge Coronet and Darts are rare ducks. Most people have no idea the option even existed. The code on the tag for the factory option is V1H. The current theory is the Super Bees were all Y16 (Sales Bank) pushed out to the dealers to promote the option. Only 26 Super Bees were produced with the Floral top.

If you want to spend an incredible amount of time at shows explaining what a Floral top is and why you have it installed on a Charger, go this route. The gator grain will get you less attention.

Just my .02. Have a Happy New Year!

D

View attachment 1394704
I don’t see the F8 green Hemi Cuda. I did read it was 1of 1.

Auto Transport Service
Back