• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

montana 62

I do not, let me ask a couple people I know.

What have we here? Pulled the heads of the poly. ... someone spent some money on this one... 318 3.91 bore @ .060 over.
IMG_20240204_101513.jpg
IMG_20240204_101919.jpg

Last edited:
trying to get this in the right spot.
don't know what dodge called it... but its pink. if not for the broken glass and wet rug she would be spotless. ya ain't going to find anything like this in PA ...
318 polly 727 if im reading the fender tag right. will get her cleaned up and see how much floor i need to deal with.

View attachment 1556262

View attachment 1556263

View attachment 1556264

View attachment 1556265

View attachment 1556266

View attachment 1556267

View attachment 1556268

View attachment 1556269

View attachment 1556270

View attachment 1556271
OP, I just crushed a 62 wagon and a few other 62's last year that I couldn't give away, long sad story. I have a few things left over laying around, anything you need, hood, rear window side glass, tailgate, trim etc

OP, I just crushed a 62 wagon and a few other 62's last year that I couldn't give away, long sad story. I have a few things left over laying around, anything you need, hood, rear window side glass, tailgate, trim etc
of course .... il send ya a PM.

ok... got them back from blasting and had to mill the carb base. there are a few spots that are a bit thin (choke wells) sadly this is all that could be saved. block and everything else was to far gone. it had to be under water at some point. made some caps for the choke wells and got the center pivot of the linkage from CL of all places. i can make the rest. think im going to redo the 361 and put them on it. im trying real hard not to make a hot rod out of jugs. just a cool cruzzer that will get out of its own way.
download (14).jpg

What y'all think? I'm kinda liking it....
IMG_20240219_181017.jpg

We touched on this before but don't see a answer to if i will have to make room for the intake on the pass side inner fender if i use the 361....

We touched on this before but don't see a answer to if i will have to make room for the intake on the pass side inner fender if i use the 361....
I haven't read all 7 pages, forgive me. If you are referring to installing the long rams on any big block in a 62 dart chassis, the Pass side inner fender well will need to be well cutout barely above the shock in the shock tower and then IMO reinforced. I did this install as a Sophomore in HS when I installed a 413 in my Polara 500, meaning it's doable. The drivers side gets extremely close to an OEM MC with power brakes BTW. Don't know if a 361 (narrower & lower) will be easier or harder on either side.

Forgot to mention, I removed the exhaust heated manifold heated chambers.

Last edited:
I haven't read all 7 pages, forgive me. If you are referring to installing the long rams on any big block in a 62 dart chassis, the Pass side inner fender well will need to be well cutout barely above the shock in the shock tower and then IMO reinforced. I did this install as a Sophomore in HS when I installed a 413 in my Polara 500, meaning it's doable. The drivers side gets extremely close to an OEM MC with power brakes BTW. Don't know if a 361 (narrower & lower) will be easier or harder on either side.

Forgot to mention, I removed the exhaust heated manifold heated chambers.
ya .. i have seen long rams in older B body's but thay were all tall decks. guess il go for it and if it don't work il just put the dual quad intake on it.

Unless you are willing to cut the Pass inner fender no matter which motor you install, it's a dead in the water deal, period.

Unless you are willing to cut the Pass inner fender no matter which motor you install, it's a dead in the water deal, period.
with using the early k member it should make the booster thing better since its over an inch forward of the later one. and im not building a show car... im building what i want. im not above taking thor to a spot on the inner fender ... hurst did it to the dart to clear a manifold .... i guess we will see ...lol
that being said ... i am not going to cut up a 2000 buck manifold .. even if i did only pay a few bucks for it

Last edited:
i spent some time with the tape.... using the 361 is basicly a no go without mods on both sides. was hoping the low deck would work better .. but it makes it worse going by the tape anyway. once i get the mill in it i will test fit and hope. .. but its not looking good for the long ram without relocating the shocks. im not willing to do that much hackery.

i spent some time with the tape.... using the 361 is basicly a no go without mods on both sides. was hoping the low deck would work better .. but it makes it worse going by the tape anyway. once i get the mill in it i will test fit and hope. .. but its not looking good for the long ram without relocating the shocks. im not willing to do that much hackery.
That was my suspicion, being the rams would be lower, but I wasn't sure if they might move closer enough to help make it easier.
I only made the ram conversion because back then I was a 17-year-old full of vinegar, I'm coming full circle now so I might try it again soon. :lol:
I'm giving you a thumbs up, mainly because its good when people know their red lines.

mail lady was not happy with me today.... getting there bit by bit. ..... puty tat not included.
got to find the time to put it all together now...

IMG_20240320_091444.jpg

IMG_20240320_094841.jpg

IMG_20240320_094851.jpg

IMG_20240320_094744.jpg

IMG_20240320_094827.jpg

Last edited:
took the BB trans apart and she looks good but im swapping out the seals band just to make me feel better.
also .. the guy i got the poly from called and said he found the 4 speed that was behind it and some other things that can be had $$$$

new tires all around.... engine bolted to the trans..... hoping to drop it in next week at my buddy's shop. he will do the new pipes while i hook up everything else. not sure where thay will dump out at but im guessing the rear bumper not a good spot for a wagon. .. should be the last time it will need to be on the lift.

good to see your back after it. I would angle the pipes out just in front of the rear bumpers ends.

good to see your back after it. I would angle the pipes out just in front of the rear bumpers ends.
ya .... i don't care much for the pick-up look but don't need fumes inside.... and thanks. been ruff but we going to make it. least both hands work now ....lol

Auto Transport Service
Back