• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moog K772 Upper Ball Joints - Better Check Before Installing

I absolutely despise China, and anything that comes from there. It's all junk.

^^^ proforged ^^^
Another fly-by-nite Chineseum outfit…
In one day, gone the next ….
The Proforged parts I've used were made in Taiwan and so far seem to be of good quality. They are still around and are part of the Holley brand now.

Taiwan is next door to China... see how many there celebrate Christmas.....

Happy Holidays, everyone, Merry Christmas....

Bought my Moogs from Craig @mobileparts?

khryslerkid, I am trying to find this supplier, but cannot. All I see in my search are links to b &c body only web-links.​

Do you have a direct number and/or web-link to Craig's store?
Thank you,

Bought my Moogs from Craig @mobileparts?

khryslerkid, I am trying to find this supplier, but cannot. All I see in my search are links to b &c body only web-links.​

Do you have a direct number and/or web-link to Craig's store?
Thank you,
Just send him a pm on here, I don't believe he has a "store".

I bought those same ball joints and had no issues at all. The only thing that might be wrong is they could be lower ball joint, which are threaded into lower control arm. They could of packaged them wrong as upper part #

I bought those same ball joints and had no issues at all. The only thing that might be wrong is they could be lower ball joint, which are threaded into lower control arm. They could of packaged them wrong as upper part #
Upper and lower ball joints are totally different animals.....

No they are not, 73 and up both upper and lower screw into the control arm. Do your homework! If you look at them side by side they look identical.
The body that threads int the control arm seems to be the same size.
The stem that goes into the spindle is different. (Upper v lower. )

Exactly why I have a stash of NOS mopar suspension parts put away

Same here..

IIRC, these are 1964 era

IMG_7508.jpeg

No they are not, 73 and up both upper and lower screw into the control arm. Do your homework! If you look at them side by side they look identical.
Since you are so smart, why are there 2 different part #'s for upper and lowers then? Do your homework!

Since you are so smart, why are there 2 different part #'s for upper and lowers then? Do your homework!
I guess you can't take it when you don't know, go to even rockauto and check for yourself, they look the same but are not. Happy New Year to you and your family all the best for 2024.

Happy New Year FBBO membership.

Now to get to the business at hand. No time to celebrate.

I am searching for a set of correctly sized strut rod bushings for my son's 74 Road Runner.
74 RR Strut Rod Bushing Search (1).jpg

As you can see, the originals are 2.600" squeezed, so I will go with a minimum of 2.500" OD for my needs.
The Moog/Clevite and Precision bushings (same part numbers) K7016A called for are only 2.00"OD.

I did find these on Summit, but there are no dimensions listed.
Energy SRB.jpg

I know they are not factory style rubber, but if they fit, I will run them.

I plan to call Craig Tuesday. I did not want to bother him over the holiday.

I found this Rare Parts P/N that are 2.513" OD, but they are not avalible and I have had no luck locating any in the past.
Rare Parts SRB  15704 (1).jpg
Rare Parts SRB  15704 (2).jpg

If anyone knows the OD of the Energy's that would help.

Thank you,

Bushing #1 I.D.0.739
Bushing #1 O.D.2.513
Bushing #1 Length1.427
Bushing #2 I.D.0.739
Bushing #2 O.D.2.252
Bushing #2 Length1.367
Hardware IncludedYes
Package Contents4 Bushings, 4 Washers, 2 Sleeves, 2 Cotter Pins

After reading all the comments. Going to check my suspension out. I replaced most of mine with moog parts over a year ago. Don't laugh but bought them through home Depot.

mountain33,​

Let me know what you discover. I have been doing most of my running to and from O'Reilly's. The local guys are very helpful, but it is a pain to keep finding the bushings that are list for the 73-74, are not correct for my applications. I will put a list up of all the correct part descriptions and numbers, and photos once my son and I have completed his frontend. Maybe it will be useful one day for others.

In case there is any intrest, here is the link to his Road Runner project and a little back story. As a dad of 4, and to have the youngest want to put forth the effort to do this makes me proud. That gives me an idea. Back at you later.

Blueskys

khryslerkid, thank you​

I spoke to Craig at [email protected] and my full frontend parts set (Steering, Suspension, and "the rest") are ordered. I will be looking for them soon.

Craig is a subject matter expert on this stuff.

Again, thank you for the introduction.

Bluesky

Auto Transport Service
Back