• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Action gone again?

XS22J8R

Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
I read on another forum that Mopar Action magazine is no longer in business?
Just a couple months ago I was getting mailings from them hawking giving you a gift subscription to pass out if you resubscribe. Fine gift that turns out to be for those who took them up on that!
I have over a year left on my subscription, and haven’t heard anything from them about the magazine ceasing or refunds or credits.

I got their most recent issue a couple of weeks ago.
I hope they don't shut down. Their issues have shrunk by 10 pages or more in the past few months.

Chrysler Power, Moperformance, Hi-Performance Mopar, Mopar Muscle, ... all I've read & gone over the years. Only MCG and MA left, hope it isn't so.

I don't know about them going out of print, but i received my February 2024 issue, not that long ago.

Well, the Feb. 2024 issue seems to be out.
1703366903446.jpeg

I don't know about them going out of print, but i received my February 2024 issue, not that long ago.

Me too but there's no subscription expiration date that usually appears on the mailing label.

I just re-newed too. Hopefully they don't go bye bye like when Harris owned them. Had the MA subscription plus several of their gun magazines when they suddenly went away.

Thanks for the heads up. I've noticed that the check that I sent in November hasn't been cashed. I've called twice and left messages and haven't gotten a call back about my subscription.
Also, the paper quality in MA has become thin and flimsy the past year. Ironically, the paper MCG uses has gotten better!

This could go several ways...
Our entire staff is sick or on vacation.
Our entire staff got up and walked out.
We fired our entire staff.
We're outsourcing these positions.

Screenshot_20231223-185058.png

Guys, it's sadly time to bail of print media. I think there was a topic over on A Bodies - Hot Rod has a glued on cover last two issues, says they're going to only 4 big issues a year fro 2024. Hot Rod was great when Freiburger, Finnegan and Dulcich were there, over 120 pages 6-7 years ago with a fair amount of Mopar coverage. Sadly, it's down to 84 pages with an editor who seems to have a Chevy bias. The younger generation is not print media oriented, so they're not able to sell as much advertising. Tic tock.

Last edited:
I received an email from them stating that they were crediting my account for the renewal of my subscription and it would be canceled. A couple of days later I saw that the credit had hit my account. Mopar Action is dead.

Sadly, I think the whole concept of a print magazines (pick your genre) is endangered. The internet has made it easy to see up-to-the-minuite blow-by-blow project progress through forums & facebook. By the time you get the magazine, it's merely a 2-4 page synopsis of what you followed for over 134 pages on your favorite forum. I'm an electronics guy and Nuts and Volts Magazine has not quite died, but probably should. They haven't released a new paper Mag in about a year; and there's no indication I should expect one any time soon (and I've contributed 7+ articles for publication). The internet has made it difficult for 3-6 month-lag-time magazines to compete with immediate-access-forum updates. If you don't renew, readership dwindles. Readership sets the prices for ads. A 4 X 8 ad is cheaper for a magazine with 1000 subscribers than 1M subscribers. As readers follow build threads on a related forum, and then see articles--in an abbreviated version--showcased in a paid-for magazine, their perception of value diminishes. When renewal time comes, they opt out. Subscription rates drop. Ad prices drop. Revenue drops. Eventually the individual/group publishing the magazine says, "Enough is enough!" and discontinues the magazine.

I believe you will see a reduction in the number of magazines out there because the revenue eventually diminishes to the point where it is no longer makes financial sense to continue publishing & shipping a monthly (or other periodical) magazine. The numbers just can't keep them alive!

Auto Transport Service
Back