• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar is back at Indy in PS it seems.

440rb

Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Anyone that follows PS, I don't, but read on another Forum posted by the man himself Alan P. that he intends to give the Cheb guys a run for their money at Indy if you've not heard already.

It's nice to hear but the R & D is just not there for the Mopar Camp and nether is the $$$$ needed to compete...

As I understand it, the hemi used to be competitive because they made more power above ten grand. So, of course, nhra mandates a ten grand rev limit, by rule alone making hemis uncompetitive. Sound familiar?
I guess they got what they wanted, a personality-driven pro-camaro class, minus any hint of manufacturers rivalry. Copying nascar much?

As I understand it, the hemi used to be competitive because they made more power above ten grand. So, of course, nhra mandates a ten grand rev limit, by rule alone making hemis uncompetitive. Sound familiar?
I guess they got what they wanted, a personality-driven pro-camaro class, minus any hint of manufacturers rivalry. Copying nascar much?
I preferred, no..I was and am actually interested in the old NASCAR racing, where the manufacturers had a part to play in trying to build a better car and powerplant to give them an edge over others. I totally understand that the cars now all having to fit within a profile and whatever other "homogeneous" rules they may have to make it a more level playing field from a mechanical and aerodynamic perspective could be viewed as placing more of the focus on the driver and their team.
Other than a very few old school and notable more recent driver exceptions, I don't care as much about who is driving as what it used to be like when what they drove made a difference.
JMO

Don't follow ProStock anymore. Run a mopar in chevy is removing the stock outta ProStock. 10,000 rpm rev limit is dumb, dumb, stupid. moronic. Just like 1,000 ft TF FC rules. NHRA shooting themselves in both feet.

After nhra emasculated the hemi by taking its rpm advantage away, they changed the rules so someone with a mopar or ford body COULD put a chevy in it. All 16 (if they can fill a field!) are chevy powered.

Didn't NHRA recently get rid of the manufacturer rule? Now you can run whatever motor you want in whatever body you are running. So now most of the Camaro guys are already running Hemis.

https://www.nhra.com/news/2017/nhra-allow-any-accepted-enginebody-combination-pro-stock-2018
Most is the complete opposite,
MoPar bodied cars running, GM Corp. 5" bore spaced stuff
not the Hemi's in other cars/makes

now Pro-Mod or T/S etc. most of the more powerful/faster cars
are running some sort of Hemi
(426 (sort of) RB Chrysler style design tall deck, but aftermarket manufacturers, blocks heads etc.)

sadly MoPar's now lone wolf
Alan Prusienski (spelling) isn't very competitive in P/S
may qualify in the bottom half of the order,
usually 12th or worse, has to ran a faster car in 1st rd
he's also knocked out 1st round, most the time

in most recent races in the past anyway

unless he founds something, life changing
or is cheating ? :poke:

Pro-Stock NHRA it's the Pro-Camaro Class
"all Cheby" pretty much anymore

has been that way for several years now,
since MoPar's P/S Roy & Allen Johnson retired
I'm sure NHRA rules changes & age, were both factors too

there was scuttlebutt, (rumors) end of last season
& they did have a Wally for a experimental class, last season
that they were going to allow mountain motor (bigger than 500cid) P/S's
to compete with a weight penalty, to help fill fields,
have some new much needed blood
& some new competition/builders sponsors etc.
especially with only 13-14-15 (less than 16, almost always) cars
& only less races too, down to 18 races

before the Chinese Wuhan Flu BS happened

never heard anymore about it

Last edited:
On moparts Alan posted and said he's continued r&d on the hemi and found something. Let's hope so!

I learned to face it ... I’m the red headed step child... I love my Mopars. So screw the rest of wannabe racers that buy their way in or buy others out because they can’t win. Mopar or no car — competition makes us work harder and better. Just me and my opinion.. not intended to offend anyone by any means.

sadly MoPar's now lone wolf
Alan Prusienski (spelling) isn't very competitive in P/S
may qualify in the bottom half of the order,
usually 12th or worse, has to ran a faster car in 1st rd
he's also knocked out 1st round, most the time

in most recent races in the past anyway

unless he founds something, life changing
or is cheating ? :poke:

Pro-Stock NHRA it's the Pro-Camaro Class
"all Cheby" pretty much anymore

has been that way for several years now,
since MoPar's P/S Roy & Allen Johnson retired
I'm sure NHRA rules changes & age, were both factors too

there was scuttlebutt, (rumors) end of last season
& they did have a Wally for a experimental class, last season
that they were going to allow mountain motor (bigger than 500cid) P/S's
to compete with a weight penalty, to help fill fields,
have some new much needed blood
& some new competition/builders sponsors etc.
especially with only 13-14-15 (less than 16, almost always) cars
& only less races too, down to 18 races

before the Chinese Wuhan Flu BS happened

never heard anymore about it
You nailed the spelling.

did someone mention mopar pro stock.....
IMG_0430.JPG

Lost all interest in NHRA. For me it's Nostalgia Super Stock, the Gasser classes like the South East Gasser Assoc.
Inliners have several races too.I praise the Hot Rod guys that hold events like the Zip Tie Drags for the little guys.

I go to the winternationals, and world finals at pomona, because my best friend gets free tickets and hospitality tents (free goodies!!) thru the repair shop she runs. If it weren't for the free tics, i dont know if i would go (well, maybe thursday), even though the fairgrounds is less than five miles from my house. I think i enjoy the test and tune nights at the local eighth mile just as much.
I'm like @Darter6 , i really like SEGA, i wish there was something similar on the west coast. I would start on a gasser tomorrow.
When they bring back a legitimate manufacturers rivalry to prostock, then i might start paying attention again. I do like the factory stock wars, but i suspect they will be legislated into a chevy-always-wins class too.

Thought I here that the Mopar is back at NASCAR. I will have to check with my buddy he is up on all that.

Auto Transport Service
Back