• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Muscle...Engine Challenge

5.7 hemi

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I finally have had it seeing the LA, B, RB, Hemi's built for years. They wont do a Slant 6 or a 3G Hemi. Why don't they do something DIFFERENT? At some pont, they need to consider these engines cause people have them or have put them into their cars. Ya listening ED!!!!???

I dig the rest of the mag, tech stuff, Young Guns, new products, the editorial, the cars themselves, so why not do something different? They have tech articles on the new stuff, so why not engine builds of the new Hemi? Forgive my rant, just hit my limit with the engine stuff.

This is what most people want to see...According to the guys in the office...I know exactly what you mean...It,s the same thing for guys with older b bodies looking for parts..They really don,t offer much..It,s the 68 to 70 syndrome..So it,s the 400-440-426 syndrome also...Personally i,m not a huge fan of the 3g hemi,s...Yes they are getting upwards of 1000 hp out of these engines...How many people out there are putting that much dough into them..
Petty Blue 67 GTX

Since the Challenger came out it looks like there are more and more parts for the 3G Hemi. I am sure as time goes on they will get cheaper and cheaper to modify just like the 4.6/5.4 fords are getting to be now. I saw a 318 poly build in mopar muscle, that was fun to read. I think there have been a few 3G builds too, but they are not as common yet.

I'd like to se a new 4.7 (260 hp?)put into an A-body with an overdrive. THAT would be different.

alot of guys that buy a car with a /6 in normally swap in a v-8,but yes i do agree with you that they should at least do something with the /6 since there are alot of people that still have em around.

Auto Transport Service
Back