• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Nats 2018....Lets get together FBBO members

Did the guy holding court with the gang resemble this fella?

View attachment 637420

:lol: I'll bet it was a great discussion...I've talked with Justin a few times, and he is one cool guy. :thumbsup:
Thanks Roger.......

Man I hope the ole Cranium doesn't see this posting, lol.....If he does no telling what he will post....

This is my favorite car at the Nats.......

Car is owned by JW and Angela Hames....They restored the car correctly to OE standards and won Gold at MCACN.....

It is a stunning 69 GTS 383 Dart

They do restorations as a side business. The only thing they do not do is paint and body but they have a painter to handle that.

What is even nicer is they are a husband and wife team in the restorations.......Angela knows more on Mopars than one can imagine, I was impressed!

View attachment 636831
Thank you Justin for all the kind words. It was really nice to get to meet you and your wife and talk with you at the Nats. Looking forward to seeing your car in Chicago. Stay in touch.

Thank you Justin for all the kind words. It was really nice to get to meet you and your wife and talk with you at the Nats. Looking forward to seeing your car in Chicago. Stay in touch.
Anytime JW!

It was a pleasure spending time with you JW and Angela......It takes a lot to give me the "WOW" factor on a restoration....and the Dart took it way above my "WOW" factor.....

Anyone looking to get a professional restoration done right and function right....HAMES is the place.....

Face it this way if I was searching for a place to do a full correct restoration...I am very very picky....You are the right place!

Looking forward to see ya at MCACN as well......Will be in touch soon my friend!

Justin

So I show up at Richard’s tent(forgot to find Richard) and here’s a little group hanging on some guy’s every word. I asked where the hell is Justin, naturally he was the one doing all the talking!!

I don't own a tent and I wasn't there.

Good times inspite of the rain. Got to meet several of the FBBO guys. Good to finally put faces with the avatars, thanks for the hospitality!

Got to meet member FrnKsteen above.....Good to see you!

It was nice to meet you there Justin! Sorry we didn't make it back to the tent on Saturday. With all the rain Friday, then the drizzling rain on Saturday while we were wandering through the swap area looking for internal door linkages,.... I guess I wore the wife out and she was ready to head for home. We did find all the inner pivot rods we needed for the doors on my Charger though. I was looking for the pivot linkage that goes from the key to the latch. One vendor had a latch with it still attached, but wanted $50. Offered him $25 for just the linkage, but he said he wouldn't sell it separately. My wife found one in a tub at a different vendor and bought it for $5. Wanted to go back to the other guys and show him he lost $25, but decided it wasn't worth it!

This is my favorite car at the Nats.......

Car is owned by JW and Angela Hames....They restored the car correctly to OE standards and won Gold at MCACN.....

I agree! That was a beautiful car. My wife sat and talked to them while Richard set me up with all my weather-stripping components for the Charger. Nice people and a beautiful car!

This is my second favorite car thus far.....68 RT 440 4spd.....I wanted to bring it home but it was not for sale......

img_20180810_085154066_hdr-jpg.jpg

Great minds think alike!! That was a beautiful car too!!

It was nice to meet you there Justin! Sorry we didn't make it back to the tent on Saturday. With all the rain Friday, then the drizzling rain on Saturday while we were wandering through the swap area looking for internal door linkages,.... I guess I wore the wife out and she was ready to head for home. We did find all the inner pivot rods we needed for the doors on my Charger though. I was looking for the pivot linkage that goes from the key to the latch. One vendor had a latch with it still attached, but wanted $50. Offered him $25 for just the linkage, but he said he wouldn't sell it separately. My wife found one in a tub at a different vendor and bought it for $5. Wanted to go back to the other guys and show him he lost $25, but decided it wasn't worth it!

I agree! That was a beautiful car. My wife sat and talked to them while Richard set me up with all my weather-stripping components for the Charger. Nice people and a beautiful car!

Great minds think alike!! That was a beautiful car too!!
Mike

It was great to meet you as well.......

I had no luck with the parts area.....the couple I found the vendors wouldn't budge a bit....Considering the parts in question were priced to high......It was a sea of rusted junk mostly.....

Funny thing is this is the first Mopar Show I have been too where I had to return to the bank to put cash back into the bank, lol.....Over 20 year run at Carlisle and I always had to go back to the bank to get more cash out......times have changed since this is my first big Mopar show in 10 years.....

That aside meeting FBBO members and all the other folks I ran into made it a wonderful experience.....I missed it actually....

Auto Transport Service
Back