• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Mopar Performance" Dead and gone?

I suspect that all there will be left is a bastardized version of Dodge and Ram trucks.
While considering cams for my 383, I first looked to Mopar and was blown away by their CRAZY prices and suspect manufacturing. Fully aware, MP and Chrysler contracted with vendors for decades - as other companies did as well.
A few years back, maybe three, i got a screaming deal on a .557 purple shaft because my best friend knows the local mopar dealers parts chief, and she buys a lot of parts from them. If memory serves it was around $180 for cam and lifters. But i havent bought anything from mopar performance in a while.
Just for giggles, i googled purple shaft cams. Are they INSANE?!? $420 for a solid.590? $572 for a .509 hydraulic? ( and these were summit prices, i cant imagine what a dealer must be asking.)
No wonder M.P. is dead. Do they still sell anything?!? The only thing i can think of that i want from them is a 337 manifold, and they're gone, never to return i'm sure!

$572 for any flat tappet cam is dumb as ****. What could their reasoning be for that? It was a decent cam 30 years ago and still is IF you didn't care about idle quality or mileage. That kind of money gets you far better cam designs from their competition, a set of lifters, gaskets, break in oil and a rub and tug at Mrs Wangs house of pleasure.

Wow must be the "it says Mopar and they don't make it anymore!" tax.

$572 for any flat tappet cam is dumb as ****. What could their reasoning be for that? It was a decent cam 30 years ago and still is IF you didn't care about idle quality or mileage. That kind of money gets you far better cam designs from their competition, a set of lifters, gaskets, break in oil and a rub and tug at Mrs Wangs house of pleasure.

Greg, you sure do seem to have a thing for Mrs Wang’s house of pleasure..

Auto Transport Service
Back