• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparfest at the Battleship 2019/April 26-27

I have needed spark plug wire looms for a few years. I really like these, but I don't know the brand.
20190427_121338.jpg
20190427_121348.jpg
20190427_121353.jpg
20190427_121402.jpg
20190427_121417.jpg
20190427_121425.jpg

This was one new Challenger that I actually liked. Hellcat supercharger, nitrous oxide system, and a vintage Air Force wrap, with exceptional attention to detail, owned by a disabled veteran.
It has a 6 speed manual transmission too!
20190427_124126.jpg
20190427_124154.jpg
The biggest turnout I've ever seen. Around 300 cars I would guess.
20190427_124526.jpg
20190427_124529.jpg

20190427_124905.jpg
20190427_125825.jpg
20190427_130448.jpg

This big block Super Victor equipped nitrous oxide motivated truck runs 9 flat, and the fenderwell headers pulled in a crowd, including me, from all around.

20190427_130725.jpg
20190427_130737.jpg
20190427_130746.jpg

Thanks Kiwi!
I have been at that show for years, many times before I got my car.
The venue is bristling with good ole' RED WHITE and BLUE American patriotism, and with a field full of American muscle cars....man! The weather was the BEST it could possibly be.

How many of the 300 cars were new Challengers? Boring.

Thanks for the pics!
It was not a "boring" show. As much as I would like to "get into" the new Challengers and Chargers, and I DO respect their performance and styling being reminiscent of the originals, I skip past many of them. There seem to be so many, and their differences are often, as others have said, the LED lights, model car replicas, stuffed animals (hey-I display a Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner) paint or wrap schemes, wheels and tires, lift/drop suspension, etc. That is actually more than used to be done when our 60s to 70s cars were new. Back then it was pretty much limited to paint and lettering, wheels, engine mods, and not much else.
Also I am very happy to see the car shows go on, regardless of year of car, it is a CELEBRATION of American Muscle cars!
Still, of course I am more attracted to the classics like my car +4/- 10 years and the wild mods like a 6.1L Gen 3 Hemi powered PT Cruiser.
If not for the newer cars, I believe the hobby would suffer. Aftermarket manufacturers have to be profitable to be in business, and if the newer cars offer additional profits and exposure, I'm all for it. There are some, like the vintage Air Force airplane wrapped, Hellcat supercharger and nitrous equipped Challenger that really made an impression, and the money and pride of ownership of that car's owner meets or exceeds mine, so who are we to judge?

.....It was not a "boring" show.

My apologies, sorry I should've explained more better in detail. My "Boring" reference was aimed for the new Challenger aspect of the Mopar shows. Your pics other than new Challengers of this show looked liked it was an awesome show. We each have our own opinions and the new Challengers to me will get a walk by and onto the next NON new Challenger Mopar after completing the mile long aisle of the hideous dealership row.

You may have coined a term. "Dealership Rowe".
Biotech. Thanks for posting the pics.

I get it.
My heart obviously is with the 60s-74 cars. My 70 Roadrunner is THE perfect year for me. Last of the coke bottle body, but with "contemporary" rear quarter scoops, "futuristic" rear taillights, and a really cool front grille with the Air Grabber pop up scoop, my #1 favorite fresh air system of ALL muscle cars.
Even on my 71 R/T Charger I felt like the wide hips by the rear window and rear tires absolutely HAD to have really wide tires or they look like a REALLY fat chick with skinny lower legs. That is made worse on the Roadrunner of 71-73 with the gigantic rear bumper.
With HUGE rear tires though, that fixes what I view as a problem. Lots of cars look great with wide rear tires, but NOTHING beats a B-body with really wide rear tires.
Still, I'm glad to see that newer cars with AMAZING performance and styling cues are even around, and I am glad to have people buy and show and modify them.
But, like many of us, I spend the time I have looking at the older cars and passing most of the newer ones up.

Auto Transport Service
Back