• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Evaporator Plumbing

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
I thought I would post more photos of the under-fender hose routing currently completed. I used 18 gauge galvanized strap from my stash, sleeved with clear plastic tubing for the support clamp brackets. All grommets are from V.A. I used split loom conduit for armoring the hoses. The A/C hoses are heat shielded in the engine compartment.
Mike
IMG_2702.JPG
IMG_2703.JPG
IMG_2704.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG

Very nice arrangement of the hoses.... and nice and tidy!! Great job, Mike.

Second pix.....are you not concerned about road debris and other foreign object damage (FOD), from damaging the hoses??? Usually the refrigerant suction hose, coming back to the compressor, is un-insulated to allow for super heating of the refrigerant to prevent liquid slugging to the compressor......other than that, clean installation......
BOB RENTON

Second pix.....are you not concerned about road debris and other foreign object damage (FOD), from damaging the hoses??? Usually the refrigerant suction hose, coming back to the compressor, is un-insulated to allow for super heating of the refrigerant to prevent liquid slugging to the compressor......other than that, clean installation......
BOB RENTON
I did armor the hoses as I noted, and I believe you are referencing the heat shielding on the suction hose inside the engine compartment which I felt, needed protection from header radiant heat. I don't imagine the split loom conduit offers much heat retention inside the fender well. My thinking. Thanks for your concerns Bob.
Mike

I'm going to run mine like that too. Plus the wiring.

Auto Transport Service
Back