• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moto home big block 727

Just get ya bb trans for a car. Done!

If you don't have a console shifter, a car or truck Trans will work.

Yeah I’m just going to put some sort of aftermarket shifter. It’s a push button so I’ll have to do something different

Yeah I’m just going to put some sort of aftermarket shifter. It’s a push button so I’ll have to do something different
From what I understand, a push button shifter is another matter......

I have a HP 440 torqueflite out of a 1967 Coronet RT
$250. It would save you a bunch of work!

I’ve found a tail section for a bill and it comes with a whole transmission !!! Plus it’s only about 45 miles from me. Who knows what could go wrong between now and picking it up. Wher are you located gtx John?

How do you like that gear vendors over drive ? You had to get drive shaft shortened ?
One thing to contemplate. If you plan on using a Gear Vendors unit like I have, there were 3 different length shaft/ext housings used. The one I got ahold of is the mid length one, 12"? maybe, that put the unit just behind the trans mount. I did not want to run the usual 18" unit as I was not comfortable with have the GV unit hanging out at the end of 18" un-supported. Just me and my thoughts.

View attachment 1222730 View attachment 1222732

I have not used it yet, my project has been on the back burner since the end of 17. We moved from down by San Diego back to the central coast in 5/18. Been doing some garage building. Going to get cracking on the car this week.
Lessons in patience to me

No the gear vendor over drives ? I’ve read you can get something like that off gm stuff. But I’ve also read they’re ****.

The actual unit from GV is the same no matter what you put it on. What changes is what's between it and the trans. My unit came off of a Ford RV that was parted out in the wrecking yard. I was able to exchange, not free, for the extension housing that was required for what I was doing. The factory overdrive trans units, 42rh/re,46rh/re, 47rh/re, 48re, a500, 518, 618 you might be referring to cannot have the od unit from one of them retro fitted onto the 904 or 727. Totally different main cases. There are some companies that have ways to retro fit one of the those Mopar od trannies to a b/rb/hemi, unless you are running a small block then you are good to go provided you get one off of a 3.9, 5.2 or 5.9 gas. Also on the GM stuff, you might be thinking of what places like Silver Sport offer. Their unit is based off of a GM trans with a bell housing to match other engines. Is this what you were asking?

Auto Transport Service
Back