• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motortrend Mopar Experts

MoparGuy68

Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
I see Motortrend is spreading some Mopar misinformation.

They seem to be confused about what N96 air grabber assembly goes with a 383 engine.

They also informed me that the factory tape player in my car is actually an 8-track and not a cassette player.

7CF7B795-F685-448E-843B-4AA178D427E2.png 41ACF2F4-B5ED-4A95-BE17-0217F550C878.jpeg 45B8B42D-F926-41EB-84A6-92E9DA2AA6EA.jpeg A47F3618-CE5F-4984-AEC2-9480330AA864.jpeg

I can't see those itty bitty pictures, so if you'd be so kind - who was the author of the article, please?

Would not surprise me that their facts are wrong. I stopped subscribing to Mopar Muscle, which was Mopar muscle atrophy to me, because the articles were lame and many times information was wrong. No surprise they would still have writers who are neither car or Mopar people putting out articles.

They didn't call it a 383 HEMI? :rolleyes:

Would not surprise me that their facts are wrong. I stopped subscribing to Mopar Muscle, which was Mopar muscle atrophy to me, because the articles were lame and many times information was wrong. .

Those guys were fags. None had the technical expertise of Rick Ehrenberg.

Back in the day, before TEN bought them, they were awesome as they had to compete with High Performance Mopar, Mopar Action, Chrysler Power[ before Roland's wife died] and I think maybe one or two others. Bitchin tech, features, etc plus they fact checked. Once TEN bought them and HPM, combined them and CP went away, they got complacent. When MA got their surprise by the parent company, Harris, they totally went lame. About 3 years ago I was at a Spring Fling looking for some steel wheels on the cheap to roll my 65 around on. Bought a set from a guy. Turns out he worked for MM. He asked me if I subscribed. I beat around the bush some then figured screw it. Told him I stopped as the magazine had gotten lame with repetitive tech articles, features and that the mag was basically being used as a promotion for AMD with page after page covering AMD. Told them they needed to get back to what they used to be like. Maybe cover topics like electrical diagnosis/short chasing/how to do fixes, trans tech, diff tech, brake etc etc. Didn't make him happy but he understood. Year or so later, bye bye most of their magazines. I was hoping that the mag would improve, which it did some, when Johnny Hunkins took over the helm from the previous boob as the editor but it went tits up in the end. Too bad but thats what can happen when you figure you have no competition.

I see Motortrend is spreading some Mopar misinformation.

They seem to be confused about what N96 air grabber assembly goes with a 383 engine.

They also informed me that the factory tape player in my car is actually an 8-track and not a cassette player.

View attachment 1140752 View attachment 1140753 View attachment 1140754 View attachment 1140755
As requested by @khryslerkid

The link ...for posterity...

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/mopar-hoard-found-over-600-pix-of-cars-to-be-auctioned/

It's a long article of course.

Back in the day, before TEN bought them, they were awesome as they had to compete with High Performance Mopar, Mopar Action, Chrysler Power[ before Roland's wife died] and I think maybe one or two others. Bitchin tech, features, etc plus they fact checked. Once TEN bought them and HPM, combined them and CP went away, they got complacent. When MA got their surprise by the parent company, Harris, they totally went lame. About 3 years ago I was at a Spring Fling looking for some steel wheels on the cheap to roll my 65 around on. Bought a set from a guy. Turns out he worked for MM. He asked me if I subscribed. I beat around the bush some then figured screw it. Told him I stopped as the magazine had gotten lame with repetitive tech articles, features and that the mag was basically being used as a promotion for AMD with page after page covering AMD. Told them they needed to get back to what they used to be like. Maybe cover topics like electrical diagnosis/short chasing/how to do fixes, trans tech, diff tech, brake etc etc. Didn't make him happy but he understood. Year or so later, bye bye most of their magazines. I was hoping that the mag would improve, which it did some, when Johnny Hunkins took over the helm from the previous boob as the editor but it went tits up in the end. Too bad but thats what can happen when you figure you have no competition.
Slight correction:
Chrysler Power magazine didn't go anywhere - it's still in publication today.
In memory of Roland...
roland.jpg

... when Johnny Hunkins took over the helm from the previous boob as the editor but it went tits up in the end. Too bad but thats what can happen when you figure you have no competition.

Randy Bolig was the editor before Hunkins. I liked the content when he was in charge.

CP stopped not long after Roland's wife passed away when they had moved from Azusa Ca to Penn. I believe he was still doing Christian Motorsports though. He started CP back up after his move to Texas. I had redone my subscription to it once it was back out but stopped. It was nothing like the CP of old though.
To me, Randy was so so. I remember when he did a tech feature on 8 3/4 diffs. Left a tremendous amount of info out on setting one up, didn't say the article was just a 10k' view and that you needed to use an FSM for the job to be correct. E-Booger on the other hand will use multiple issues walking a person through it, always with the caution you need an FSM for guidance.

I had my Coronet as a "reader's ride" in CP way back in 1986 or so. Lost that issue in a 2003 tornado (along with about 11K other car mags in a cool collection!). Liked CP, MCG and Mopar Muscle, but I decided after the tornado that mag subscriptions just weren't worth the money anymore.

CP was awesome when they were out of Azusa. I liked the ongoing tech article "talking torqueflites" which was written by Marv Booth. Got to meet him when he set up a 727 for my Duster when I took out the 4 spd. Eccentric dude but he sure knew his stuff. He did a lot of street racing in the LA area back in the day.

Also the article is from 2018
He ain't....
MT would do well to have Freiberger, Dulcich or even that guy with the other lisp that does the
junkyard series fact check this "Hunkins" guy.

I had a 2-year subscription going with CP, but I've let it lapse as of right now.
I always did one in support of Rowland, but anymore all I see is that child "Ava" every
time I turn a page.
I don't care why she's in every friggin edition, multiple pages - so if that makes me evil,
so be it (and I'm sure more than one of you will tell me why I'm so evil with this)
- but that got old freakin' quick.
There is still some exclusive, interesting tech in there, but it's such a small part of the issues...
Gotta let it go, man.

Auto Transport Service
Back