• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mounting Bolt Question forSaginaw PS Pump On 70 RR (383 with A/C)

soundhd

Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
In the process of replacing the Federal PS pump that came on the 70 RR I bought with a Saginaw type pump (the correct one). Had to buy everything new, pump, brackets, hoses and bolt kit.....anyway question is which bolts are used to do what (photo of bolt kit is below).
Kit came with 2 studs..looks like one is needed for one of the mounting bolt locations for the rear mounting bracket (hole is in a recessed spot)..do not have any idea what the other stud is for (used the other one for the other rear mounting hole...seemed to work ok) .....used two of the short bolts/washers for the front bracket, long bolt is for the upper mount hole on the motor and the large nut is for the pulley.
Any advice or photo of rear bracket mounted on pump would be appreciated....service manual does not show anything..

thanks

1091513b_zps6677c0bd.jpg

Dear Soundhd,
I have some pics of my 70 charger 383 mag that has the same thing. I will try to download (ain't never done it yet).
Charger paint 281.jpgCharger paint 282.jpgCharger paint 283.jpgCharger paint 287.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic where you can see whereCharger Dec 8 2011 217.jpg the long bolt that goes through the water pump housing

No need to download.....the photos answered my questions about the studs.....they are both used on the rear bracket.

thank you very much

Dear Soundhd,
I have some pics of my 70 charger 383 mag that has the same thing. I will try to download (ain't never done it yet).
View attachment 96757View attachment 96758View attachment 96759View attachment 96760

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a pic where you can see whereView attachment 96765 the long bolt that goes through the water pump housing

Auto Transport Service
Back