• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving the Like/Agree/Thanks/Disagree icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

moparsaver

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
Good morning, Would it be better and/or possible to have these moved to the lower left of the box? I see a lot of people asking why the red ❌ :BangHead: .

Thoughts?

46E7E034-13FF-4B32-B1B2-6FFF1D747A47.jpeg

Maybe if people just paid more attention to what they're doing, we wouldn't be needing this discussion!

They show up on the lower left of the box if you hit the icon.
Correct. Some members scrolling through threads are not realizing they are hitting the disagree button which prompts others to say “Hey… What’s with the ❌. Moving the icons to the other side may help with this issue.

Maybe if people just paid more attention to what they're doing, we wouldn't be needing this discussion!
1682865599168.gif

Last edited:
Not an issue here on my laptop. On my phone (which most people are) those can get in the way while scrolling especially if you are right handed. These appear to be a bit bigger than they used to be. Or not. Damn touch screens. I can have the same issue on my tablet. No issue on my laptop though when using a mouse or the touch pad. Operator error!

Screenshot_20230430_154632_Chrome.jpg

That's a great idea. Thanks @moparsaver
I'd bet a lot of folks spend a lot of time (traffic) on this site on their phones. It's only logical to have the site behave the same when on a phone as it does when on a PC/laptop......

Holee crap!
You will NOT believe this but that RED X was actually a mistake! I meant to agree with it. I like the idea of having the RED X off to the side. I went back and corrected it.
I'm sorry for the mistake....It does go to show how one can receive the X in error!

I agree, In the evenings when the wife and I are watching TV I surf on my ipad, and being right handed more than once I had to say "Crap I did not mean to do that!"

Holee crap!
You will NOT believe this but that RED X was actually a mistake! I meant to agree with it. I like the idea of having the RED X off to the side. I went back and corrected it.
I'm sorry for the mistake....It does go to show how one can receive the X in error!
See how easy it happens! :poke: :lol:

That's a great idea. Thanks @moparsaver
I'd bet a lot of folks spend a lot of time (traffic) on this site on their phones. It's only logical to have the site behave the same when on a phone as it does when on a PC/laptop......
You get caught using your phone in a vehicle here, it costs 580.00 and 4 demerit points. If caught the 2nd time in a year it is 1400.00, 4 more demerit points and an immediate 7 day vehicle seizure. You have to pay impound fees and your driver’s licence goes up.
My wife’s cousin in-law was with his brother and mother when a 18 year old girl blew a stop sign while using her cell phone. Killed his mother and brother. He was off work for quite awhile. It was a nice sunny day in May. Great visibility, no other cars on the road. He had to use a piece of the broken mirror to cut his seatbelt. The girl broke her wrist.

You get caught using your phone in a vehicle here, it costs 580.00 and 4 demerit points. If caught the 2nd time in a year it is 1400.00, 4 more demerit points and an immediate 7 day vehicle seizure. You have to pay impound fees and your driver’s licence goes up.
My wife’s cousin in-law was with his brother and mother when a 18 year old girl blew a stop sign while using her cell phone. Killed his mother and brother. He was off work for quite awhile. It was a nice sunny day in May. Great visibility, no other cars on the road. He had to use a piece of the broken mirror to cut his seatbelt. The girl broke her wrist.
I think you misunderstood my use of the word "traffic"...It was meant as WEBSITE TRAFFIC for the site not actually surfing FBBO while driving. Thanks for the lecture though.
C'mon man.

I think you misunderstood my use of the word "traffic"...It was meant as WEBSITE TRAFFIC for the site not actually surfing FBBO while driving. Thanks for the lecture though.
C'mon man.
I misunderstood, I still see people using cell phones while behind the wheel.
I was just stating what the consequences are here. Absolutely no lecture, just the facts.

I wish our penalties were as severe here in CA or for that matter C/W. The issue of cell phone usage is completely out of control and yes people are dying from it. It seems like nearly everyone on the road (heavy on the women) are texting, talking, scrolling f*ckbook and on and on. We have laws but they’re not that severe and it doesn’t seem to deter people in the least. Waaaay worse than drinking and driving.

BTW - Agree with moving the X to its own space.

Maybe the X should require a reply with it, automatic pop up. Like a warning "you are about to, would you like to explain?"........therefore eliminating the accidental ones and possibly justifying the continual ones.

Ya, I know. Not happening. But we can always dream.

Last edited:
I do know that any of those buttons can be disabled.

Not sure if they can be moved.

Move? No.

Eliminate a button, yes. But is that what we really want to do?

Some things are limited by the software itself.

Maybe the X should require a reply with it, automatic pop up. Like a warning "you are about to, would you like to explain?"........therefore eliminating the accidental ones and possibly justifying the continual ones.

This would actually be pretty fairly easy to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back