• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moving to Texas

I was fortunate on the sale of one of my houses.
It sold and did really well on it. The profit alone paid for.my 50x70 shop and a new Toyota Tundra TRD Pro.
I sold it myself without an agent. My closing costs were only $1,500.

Last edited:
Update…….

Monday I get a text from my sons van driver (special needs) asking if our house is still for sale as she has some friends wanting to move into the area. I forward our realtor’s info to her (I told our realtor that we would have her sell the house when we brought it back on the market and I’m keeping my word).

Things moved quickly as they are already pre-approved and made an offer before seeing the house. The buyers then asked to see the house on Wednesday and loved it!

Since we accepted the offer at a lower price, they will pay for all inspections and I will pay for the septic tank to be pumped.

We are looking at 2 new builds in Weatherford, they will be ready in 45 days, exactly when escrow closes on the Commiefornia house. Should work out just fine.

So after all the waiting, it’s finally happening, can’t wait to be a Texan!!

Update…….

Monday I get a text from my sons van driver (special needs) asking if our house is still for sale as she has some friends wanting to move into the area. I forward our realtor’s info to her (I told our realtor that we would have her sell the house when we brought it back on the market and I’m keeping my word).

Things moved quickly as they are already pre-approved and made an offer before seeing the house. The buyers then asked to see the house on Wednesday and loved it!

Since we accepted the offer at a lower price, they will pay for all inspections and I will pay for the septic tank to be pumped.

We are looking at 2 new builds in Weatherford, they will be ready in 45 days, exactly when escrow closes on the Commiefornia house. Should work out just fine.

So after all the waiting, it’s finally happening, can’t wait to be a Texan!!
Awesome, can’t wait to have you here! My mom was born and raised in Weatherford, and I’ve been in this area my whole life. I moved out a year ago to Gordon, now I’m closer in Mineral Wells. And I know there’s another member here that owns the best transmission shop in the area, Greg Ducato.

Congrats on getting out! Hopefully you were able to lock in a lower interest rate than the close to 8% this joke of an administrations economy has given us.

I just bought my house at 7.3%. I’ve been told by Mortage companies, marry the house, date the interest rate. Rates will go down and you can refinance

I just bought my house at 7.3%. I’ve been told by Mortage companies, marry the house, date the interest rate. Rates will go down and you can refinance
Absolutely but in the mean time it’s thousands of more dollars annually lost until that better rate comes around… Glad to have 7 years left at 3.25%

Absolutely but in the mean time it’s thousands of more dollars annually lost until that better rate comes around… Glad to have 7 years left at 3.25%
Yeah I know it sucks, nothing you can do but vote the thief’s out of office….well then they cheat and….oh wait this is general discussion, better not bring up politics :lol:

We are getting a 2/1 buy down and the top rate is 6.3%. So hopefully rates come down between those 2 years and we can do the IRRL since I’m going VA loan and the lender is saying by next summer rates should be lower. We will see on that, but even if it doesn’t come down, some things in life ya just can’t put a price on! And moving outta here is one of those things.

I paid the registration on my wife’s JGC a week ago, out $217 and a smog check. I could’ve waited till we hit Texas to get our vehicles registered there and still saved some money!

Lucky family! I hope all the timing issues work out for you - Just thinking ahead you might want to negotiate a 30 day lease back from the new owners in case the new home isn't ready in exactly 45 days. Builders have been know to forecast a bit aggressive on completion dates. You can go thru with the sale and all of that - essentially you'd just be renting from them for 30 days. When a builder is within a certain point of build out that's what they do with the models. They might sell them 6 months or more ahead of time. Just a thought ......

Yeah, we’ve already discussed that with the buyers of our house and the builder is saying that it’ll be done on time, but we have a contingency plan in place. Not to mention the 3 days of driving to get there if we don’t have travel issues.

Yeah, we’ve already discussed that with the buyers of our house and the builder is saying that it’ll be done on time, but we have a contingency plan in place. Not to mention the 3 days of driving to get there if we don’t have travel issues.
I'm looking for Weatherford on the map - can't seem to find it. We were looking around Georgetown until I realized what the property taxes were going to be. Still haven't completely given up. What larger city is close proximity to Weatherford?

We’re 30 miles west of Fort Worth.
(ignore the blue dot, that’s my work)

E1239DFC-8230-425A-AC40-852DD46489F0.png

Weatherford is a great area to be. A little more crowded then it use to be, but still has a small town feel. You’re close to the Fort Worth/Dallas mess, but not in it. Lots of job opportunities, lots of good schools, lots of entertainment and restaurants. If Weatherford doesn’t have it, you’re probably not half an hour away. Plus lots of history if you’re into that (hopefully you are lol)

Can’t wait to get on the road. Looking forward to seeing some of the country while headed out there.

Tomorrow we need to be out by 6pm, no problem….or so I thought. We have filled 2 16ft. Pods and I have a 20ft. enclosed trailer that will be taking all need till the Pods arrive in Texas.

It’s been raining so friggin much here lately (Commiefornia) that I thought the trailer should move from the backyard to the front due to the rain. So my wife gets in our truck (11’ Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7 4x4 68rfe and Thuren 3inch lift on 20’s with 35’s). She’s to the trailer, I hook it up and she’s in 4lo, and I tell her do a U turn but do not stop! She didn’t stop, but she wasn’t steady with the throttle and the truck/trailer got stuck!

Airing down might have helped, however I’ve already packed my air compressor/air tools into 1 of the Pods and the small electric interior (house) compressor is in the trailer but may/may not fill my tires and nobody in the neighborhood has an 220volt air compressor. So from 9:30am this morning to 3pm this afternoon, I was trying every trick I could think of to get both out to the front yard. Mind you, my wife was in the truck and I was putting pavers/wood/chain link fence/rocks and cussing my head off all the while it’s pouring!

So I called my cousin (I sold him our Grandpa’s 99’ Dodge 2500 4x4 levels on 35’s) to see if he could come out after he’s off work and give us a tug. Not a problem (since did give him 3k in parts for his truck recently).

He gets here around 6:30pm, has a hard time getting his transfer case into 4lo (did I say it was muddy?) and I hear the tcase grind! Yuck!! Finally goes in, hook the tow strap up, wife is in our truck and I’m using my phone to talk to him cause he straight piped his truck, and that did. Both trucks and my trailer are now in the front yard.

My cousins can’t get the tcase into 2hi, for a 1/2 hour I’m under his truck and all the linkage is in perfect shape, I try the push/pull as he’s doing from inside the cab and no dice! Finally he takes the boot off the tcase lever and a bolt is missing!! WTF! Then he spots it, it blocking the lever from going all the forward. He was able to get it out while I went to grab some tools from my top box that I’m taking in the trailer (just in case). I get back to him and he’s got it screwed in and give him the ratchet with a 10mm socket and bingo, tcase does what it should.

It’s been a loooong day!!!

The state does not want to let you and your tax dollars go.

Auto Transport Service
Back