• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD Rev Control

HardCharge

Local time
4:16 PM
Reaction score
I found a MSD Rev Control #8738 at a friends house that he's never going to use. He gave it to me, if I can use it. I have a 1967 Charger but it has a 360 now with electronic ignition. Is there a way that I can wire this in. The tech line at Holley was zero help. The rev control is probably 20-25 years old. But still new. I'd like to use it if possible. Has anyone wired one into a stock ignition setup?
I know there is a plug issue. But I can make my own plug. Does anyone know what wire runs where? ex. red to coil, black to altenator ect.

That is called the Soft Touch - I ran one for a long time in my GTX. Works well, and easy to install with all stock components kept in position.

Download the PDF "8728" and look at Figure 9.

Attachments

• Soft Touch 5478738.pdf
    102.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Soft touch 8728.pdf
    362.8 KB · Views: 106
Mine is an 8738. The installation instructions are different between the 28 and the 38. Did you run a 38 or a 28? The 38 states that It must be used with a 6AL ect ect ignition.

Mine is an 8738. The installation instructions are different between the 28 and the 38. Did you run a 38 or a 28? The 38 states that It must be used with a 6AL ect ect ignition.
The wiring colour code should be the same.

Auto Transport Service
Back