• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muffler Recommendation

I have 3" pipes, headers, X-pipe, with flowmasters and it sounds great BUT the dreaded drone at cruising is annoying and a drop top adds to the noise. I see Borla suggestions and Pypes. I would like the sound under acceleration and quieter when cruising...though with my 3:55 gears I'm running pert near 3k rpm at 70mph. I might be asking for too much huh?

If you like everything else about it you could just add some J pipes in there. They can do a very nice job of killing the drone.

Decided on Dynomax Turbo Thrush. Wow, almost too quiet. I feared the new muffler killing the cam idle loping sound that I liked with chamber mufflers. That’s what they have done. Haven’t driven the car yet, as I’m waiting on my exhaust tips to arrive. But, I believe these new mufflers will probably kill the drone I had at roughly 2k rpm. Sacrificing, the idling lope that I liked. Can’t have the best of both worlds, I guess. Lol ! But, the new mufflers might increase in decimals as they age. Should be more comfortable on longer drives now, too.

I'd have to dig out my invoice, but it wouldn't do you any good as I got a bit of a deal letting David use my OE headpipes to make their jig. Email Tom [email protected] and ask. They are not cheap...

What factory color blue is your car ? I know it’s not B3/B5/B7, what is it ?

Depends what the light is doing.. it's only a slight shade darker than B5. House of Kolors HOK-403 Shimmrin.
beedrivemay212020 021.JPG
beedrivemay212020 011.JPG
beedrivemay212020 003.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back