• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nov

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 18th and 19th 2023

It's tough to soak it all in, and it becomes a time management challenge. You have to decide how much time you can spend on one car. Do you spend a lot of time on a small number of cars or just briefly with a lot of cars? Or some combination of the two? It's hard to digest all of the info on placards that are with a lot of the cars. For me, I just cruise through and when something caches my eye, I'll spend time checking it out. I'm a sucker for the historic race cars like the Color Me Gone AWB car. The blown KB Hemi powered Red Ram '65 Coronet was another favorite because we had such a good time visiting with the owner. He drove it over 50 miles from his house to the show. He's a Vietnam Vet (2 tours - '68 and '69), and he has a great sense of humor and is a super nice guy to talk to. Here's a video about him and his car.

The color me gone car is a clone the original was sold to Mr.Norm and has never been found and from what a can see it’s not a very accurate depiction.

I have nothing to add other than I have attended the show several times and the quality and rarity of the cars cannot be overstated. I had an opportunity to go this year and declined due to work obligations, now I’m kind of regretting it…

I have nothing to add other than I have attended the show several times and the quality and rarity of the cars cannot be overstated. I had an opportunity to go this year and declined due to work obligations, now I’m kind of regretting it…
Next years show is November 23 & 24, 2024, so mark your calendars for it now!
I just realized, my Challenger convertibles SBD is 11-24. I should enter it again next year so it can celebrate its 55th birthday at the show. I had it there in 2019 for its 50th and it didn’t get any recognition, at least not from the press or bigwigs, but it was still sort of cool, I decorated it with balloons and such on the 24th there. Perhaps the only car to ever celebrate its birthday at MCACN?
2024 will celebrate 1969 and 1964 model years, so should be great. If you have a notable Mopar from those years, consider entering it!

Auto Transport Service
Back