• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nov

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 18th and 19th 2023

Devil

Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
Devil added a new event:

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 18th and 19th 2023

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, Nov 18th and 19th

The 14th all indoor show devoted to the country's finest Muscle Cars, Dealer-built Supercars and Corvettes. "The Center of the Muscle Car Universe" says Muscle Car Review magazine. Over 500 prime examples of American Muscle.

Some of the Special Displays this year include, Ford & Mercury Boss Invitational, Corvette Triple Diamond Showcase and Competition, Better idea Big Block Ford & Mercury Invitational, Class of 1968, Class of 1973...

Read more about this event...

The show is coming up next week already! I'll be working there once again, guarding the rear exit door during setup Thursday and much of Friday, and watching the stage area Saturday and Sunday. Stop by and say hi if you get a chance.
The weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm for a change. Top down convertible weather almost, in the 60s! So weather is no excuse to miss the show this year.
Here is a last minute entry, a friend of mine is bringing this '71 Roadrunner from Ohio. Pilot car previously owned by Larry Shepard!

IMG_0288.jpg

If it's a "Muscle Car" show why the heavy emphasis on Vettes...? Oh now I get it, Muscle Cars "and Corvettes"..... - They do stand apart, just not in the way one would think. Now I'll definitely buy the "Boss group" as I've always thought they were stud machines and also as a nod to that awesome dark cherry, tinted windows Boss 429 that beat me one night 48 years ago on Central Ave in Mpls. I'm still looking for him .... He had slicks on and I didn't.... Next time will be different ..... Lol

There’s a small bit of confusion in my mind about how Corvette ended up in MCACNs name even though I’m an insider involved in the show since early on.
There was a show that happened here at this time of the year for many years called ”Chevy Vettefest”. By the 2007/2008, the show had gotten pretty stale and was discontinued.
I’d heard they still had a year left on the convention center contract, so added all make muscle cars to the mix for the final year to see what happened, in 2009. That show got a lot of interest and the show was off and running.
But Bob Ashton corrected me on that story, so it’s not totally how things came to be. There’s no question there was some connection though, between Chevy Vettefest ending and MCACN starting, even if MCACN didn’t directly rise from the ashes of the Vette show like a Phoenix. At least one partner in MCACN was a principal in the old Chevy Vettefest, and some of my fellow workers at MCACN used to work at the Chevy show and then went on to work at MCACN.
After a couple years of the show, it was intended to drop “and Corvette“ from the name and just call it Muscle Car Nationals, but by then, the show had taken off, and the name MCACN was pretty well etched in stone, so it is what it is!
Whatever the case, the show features around 550 cars, and of those, maybe 75? are Corvettes. You look through my photo albums of the shows each year, and you’d think next to no Corvettes were there, I typically only take pictures of 2 or 3. They are almost all parked in one area so easy to ignore if you are like me and not interested in them.
Bob is a Mopar guy at heart, and the partners in the show have chewed him out for having too many Mopars in the mix! :rofl:

Last edited:
There are always great historic cars and race cars at this show. Plus legends of racing like Herb McCandless. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup:

Anybody ever display a convertible at this show? Im displaying a car for the first at this show and its a convertible. I was wondering if they require the top down and windows up for judging or is it OK to leave everything down? I havent seen any comments or requirements either way that I can find.
Down is preferred and there is no ops check.

Down is preferred and there is no ops check.
I have. Down ok but depending how your having it judged if you are, they will want to see the glass. Best of luck. If you place, that is a great accomplishment.

Concours stock judging is 1000 points, and glass and top are items that points are scored on. If the judges can't see them, presumably they'd score 0 for those items.
On Saturday and Sunday the fire department rules are that all cars on the floor must have their batteries disconnected and cannot be started for any reason. When cars are being judged, it is a good idea for the owner or a representative to be present to answer questions and such. Unless power, the windows could be rolled up for the judges to see, but the top couldn't be put up unless its manual.
I lost points for a missing date code etching on my passenger side window when I had one of my cars judged.
I had my convertible in the show a different year and displayed it with the top down, but I wasn't having it judged. If I was, I would have left it and the glass up.

One of these days I will get to this show.

A friend of mines Vert was there a few years ago

WS27RO.jpg

I just got home from a grueling 13 hours at the show. Trailer parking got all screwed up in the afternoon before finally getting things straightened out with another overflow area found to park some trailers.
But all is looking great with the show. Mopar Alley is really big this year. The Wellborn History of the Charger display looks good. As does the Petty display. Lots of cool barn finds. Lots of cool everything!

Thank you for all the pictures and although I did not go, it looks to me like there were alot of superb cars there this year. I don’t know what one is my favorite, cause I love ‘em all! I still have yet to see that ‘67 Fury police car in person, cause I seen a few pictures of it. There is a recent video done on the red Coronet A990 car too……

It's tough to soak it all in, and it becomes a time management challenge. You have to decide how much time you can spend on one car. Do you spend a lot of time on a small number of cars or just briefly with a lot of cars? Or some combination of the two? It's hard to digest all of the info on placards that are with a lot of the cars. For me, I just cruise through and when something caches my eye, I'll spend time checking it out. I'm a sucker for the historic race cars like the Color Me Gone AWB car. The blown KB Hemi powered Red Ram '65 Coronet was another favorite because we had such a good time visiting with the owner. He drove it over 50 miles from his house to the show. He's a Vietnam Vet (2 tours - '68 and '69), and he has a great sense of humor and is a super nice guy to talk to. Here's a video about him and his car.

Auto Transport Service
Back